Schools In Samui

After a year and a half living on the island and as a parent of two children I want to share my experience about the schools in Samui. Probably same as the most of the newcomers on the island I choose the most advertised and most expensive one unfortunately.... and it took me some time to find all other schools. Some are nicer than the others, some are more expensive, and some have better facilities or choice of foreign language.

The truth that lies behind all this international schools is that: yes they are in English language but studying the Thai language is obligatory and by Law. So you must realize that your child will learn both English and Thai. This counts for all the schools.

I decided to make a simple list and give basic information to anyone that might need it in future.

Here is the list in no particular order:

Panyadee The British School of Samui in Chaweng Noi- international school

Samui Center of learning in Lamai- international school

Bluewaters or ISS in Bophut- international school

Oonrak in Maenam- this is Bilingual school (Thai and English)

For smaller children up to 5/6 years of age there is one playschool in Bophut called Sunshine Tots.

If you need information about any of the schools you can simply make serch by name on Google. They all have web sites.

Hope this will help to the families moving to Samui in finding schools for the children and maybe saving them some time and money.

Edited by Nadica

How would this save anybody any money when you could get all that information by using google or reading any of the numerous threads on this forum about the schooling options on samui. Thanks anyway.

Edited by sketcher

When I was looking for schools a year ago I did't find all of them. Most of these schools are not advertised. I found them only after coming to the island.

To me it seemed like a useful thing to do. If you know them good for you, I did't and therefore yes it cost me quite a lot.

Save money for sure since the schools cost quite a lot. Some unreasonably a lot selling British education in Thai style.

That's all from me.

How would this save anybody any money when you could get all that information by using google or reading any of the numerous threads on this forum. Thanks anyway.

When I was looking for schools a year ago I did't find all of them. Most of these schools are not advertised. I found them only after coming to the island.

To me it seemed like a useful thing to do. If you know them good for you, I did't and therefore yes it cost me quite a lot.

Save money for sure since the schools cost quite a lot. Some unreasonably a lot selling British education in Thai style.

That's all from me.

How would this save anybody any money when you could get all that information by using google or reading any of the numerous threads on this forum. Thanks anyway.

So then, you have been living on the island for a year and a half and a year ago you started looking for schools for your children?

Edited by sketcher

That's all from me.

Great post will certainly save me some time and hopefully money, if you have a recommendation could you pm me please

interesting, i didn't realize that we now have 3 international schools on samui. fwiw i've spent the last week reviewing and visiting all of the local school options and very happily placed 2 of my children into one of the schools mentioned above. only disappointed that they can't yet provide anything after "primary 5" (10-11 yrs old?)