Yingluck: We'll Reconcile

Lite Beer

One post removed and member given a short holiday for ignoring the current rules in political forums.

Please note that due to the high number of defamatory, abusive, insulting, trollish and inflammatory posts that a zero tolerance policy is being implemented until the election.

If you cannot refrain from posting slander, lies, rumors, defamation, insults, trolls or just posting to inflame other members then you will find your posting rights immediately suspended.

Please read the forum rules very carefully before posting as they will be strictly enforced in this forum.

http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting aside the conversion issue, let's look at how far B15,000 per month will get you.

Rental - studio apartment in the vicinity of Ratchada - B8,000 pm (I pay B40,000 pm and I DON'T live in a Sukhumvit penthouse apartment)

Utilities (water, electricity) - B1,000 pm (a/c only on those extremely hot and humid nights)

Transportation - MRT / BTS / motorbike taxis - B2,000 pm (B100 per day x 20 days - weekdays only)

Food - B3,000 pm (B100 per day)

This is already T14,000 pm without including clothes, cigarettes, alcohol, the occasional movie ticket, internet access, LBC etc etc. Anyone who lives in Bkk will tell you that the above is actually not even possible.

There are millions of Thais who earn less than B15,000 pm but they are pretty much all staying at home with their parents. For thos expats who earn less than B15,000 per month, I really wonder what they are doing here.

Try 3,000 baht for a studio apartment in the vicinity of Ratchada. And that is in a reasonable (but small) studio, only 3 stops from Suk.

Walking distance from MRT.

B3,000? You are having a laugh. No self respecting ex pat would be caught dead in such a slum. I pay B13,000 for a one bedroom apartment in Huay Kwang which is kept empty - for those nights when I, shall we say, prefer a different companion.

If there are indeed any ex pats on this forum who are earning only B15,000 per month, I really do think that you are not qualified to comment on any of the political threads here as salaries are directly proportional to one's competence / ability / intelligence / intellect.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Has a nice ring to it don't you think? :whistling:

Please excuse me, surely you meant 'has a nice smile to it' :)

Both actually - nice ring and nice smile. I wouldn't mind being a Thai just to say that she's my PM. By far, the best looking female premier in the world.

Now let me count and envision.

- Australia, PM Julia Gillard

- Germany, PM Angela Merkel

- Iceland, PM Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir

- St.Maarten, PM Sarah Wescot-Williams

- ... ...

Assuming Ms. Yingluck gets in, it seems indeed the best looking female PM. Now having granted you this, can we move on to more relevant qualifications people tend to look for in PM material ?

Why? Not one pro-Democrat has made a convincing case for "returning" (note the inverted commas) the incumbent PM. Instead, they have resorted to bad-mouthing the opposition. Anyway, it's midnight here in Paris and by the time I wake up, the elections will be well and truly underway.

B3,000? You are having a laugh. No self respecting ex pat would be caught dead in such a slum. I pay B13,000 for a one bedroom apartment in Huay Kwang which is kept empty - for those nights when I, shall we say, prefer a different companion.

If there are indeed any ex pats on this forum who are earning only B15,000 per month, I really do think that you are not qualified to comment on any of the political threads here as salaries are directly proportional to one's competence / ability / intelligence / intellect.

Actually, I have seen farangs living in the apartments next door for 5,000. And there are apartments of similar quality (slighty smaller) across the road for 3,000 but I haven't seen farangs in there.

Anyway, I thought the conversation was about Thais living on a subsistence income. ("15,000 baht is basically a subsistence income in some areas of the country.")

Why? Not one pro-Democrat has made a convincing case for "returning" (note the inverted commas) the incumbent PM. Instead, they have resorted to bad-mouthing the opposition. Anyway, it's midnight here in Paris and by the time I wake up, the elections will be well and truly underway.

Just because the Dems haven't come out with outrageous promises, doesn't mean people have not been mentioning that there is a case for their return. (and it is "return", seeing as they are there at the moment.)

No self respecting human would in one breath advertise the fact that he permanently rents a room for having sex with prostitutes, and then in the next declare that monthly income directly measures a person's IQ.

Staggering at times, the things that are said on Thaivisa.

Despite the fact that it took the army, yellow shirts and the courts to dispose of three legally elected governments,

<snip>

Let's see ...

Thaksin disposed of his own elected government when he dissolved parliament for elections in 2006.

The army "overthrew" a care-taker government that didn't stage new elections in the prescribed time. There was no disposal of an elected government.

Following the 2007 election, Samak was elected PM by the parliament. Samak was forced to stand down as PM because he had a second job and lied to the courts. There was no disposal of an elected government.

After Samak was forced to step down, Somchai was elected PM by the parliament, even though Samak was still eligible. Somchai, and other PPP executives, were banned for electoral fraud. There was no disposal of a government.

The yellow shirts protested against a government that was trying to change laws to whitewash Thaksin's crimes. There was no disposal on an elected government.

After the PPP executives were banned, a big chunk of the PPP party decided that they didn't want to support Thaksin, and started their own party. Abhisit was elected PM by the parliament after this group backed him. A parliamentary election disposed of an elected government.

Admire your patience in explaining all this for the hundredth time whybother, but really, if people who have been around as long as the poster you were replying to has, still aren't aware of these facts, i don't think they ever will be.

No self respecting human would in one breath advertise the fact that he permanently rents a room for having sex with prostitutes, and then in the next declare that monthly income directly measures a person's IQ.

He did not say anything about prostitutes. Why are you slandering him?

Not going to say anything else, I don't want to be on the end of that discussion tactic.

Not going to say anything else, I don't want to be on the end of that discussion tactic.

I think he clearly implied that when saying "for those nights when I, shall we say, prefer a different companion. "

Edited by whybother

I think he clearly implied that when saying "for those nights when I, shall we say, prefer a different companion. "

Ok, then simply he is cheating on his partner that he lives with.

Telling porkies to get what he wants... like a Thai politician.

Either way not so pretty a picture to brag of.

In any case reconciliation would not be happening if this were known at home.

I doubt there is much possible reconciliation in the public segment from this election, platitudes and election promises aside, this is about raw naked power and prestige to be lorded over others, and for some individuals a win is a win regardless of morality of making that win happen.

Edited by animatic

Just because the Dems haven't come out with outrageous promises, doesn't mean people have not been mentioning that there is a case for their return. (and it is "return", seeing as they are there at the moment.)

They came out with *plenty* of outrageous promises :)

...And this election is certainly not the same song on a different record... just watch the overseas investments dry up... and this money is what has been keeping Thailands head above the water for the last few years.. corruption is killing this beautiful land. Thaksin = corruption on a Grand Scale.. Today, say goodbye to the Thailand you knew...........!

I thought the same, when I read about 9 month ago, that PepsiCo investing about 100 USD into a new facility in Vietnam to produce RTD's for the region. Vietnam over Thailand? Wow...

9 months ago...... Weren't the Dems in power then? Or is it that the LADY BOSS of Pepsi has a crystal ball showing PT forming the new Govt? Either way, you've shot yourself in the foot.

PEPSI probably did not care WHO is leading this country, but more concerned about the unstableness / unconsistancy in this country. They invested 100 Mio USD in Vietnam, which is not a first world country either, but at the end more stable.

(sorry for my poor english)

Yinluck will have a professional team around her

What professional team?

Hand selected by her bro, and as "professional" as it can be here.

LOL

Professional in this case means they are getting paid to do it.

I would much prefer a competent team of amateurs to professional sycophants

Yinluck will have a professional team around her

What professional team?

Hand selected by her bro, and as "professional" as it can be here.

LOL

Professional in this case means they are getting paid to do it.

I would much prefer a competent team of amateurs to professional sycophants

Or professional gangsters like Chalerm, ranked third on Pheu Thai's party list.

Edited by hyperdimension

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Has a nice ring to it don't you think? :whistling:

You shouldn't be referring to a woman as "it". And, as I've not had the pleasure of seeing her ring, I couldn't comment on how nice it is. (Although, I'd imagine the view would be somewhat obscured by Thaksin's hand being thrust up there.)

Havent been following, can someone please tell me how many seats are needed to form a government in Thai parliament and how many seats PT is estimated to hold after the election?

251 seats to form government. Estimates have been from 200 - 300 seats for PTP. Just wait a 5-6 hours and you'll get an unofficial result.

Havent been following, can someone please tell me how many seats are needed to form a government in Thai parliament and how many seats PT is estimated to hold after the election?

251 seats to form government. Estimates have been from 200 - 300 seats for PTP. Just wait a 5-6 hours and you'll get an unofficial result.

Thanks.

WTK, it's ok. Over exaggeration, jumping to (wrong) conclusions........That's the usual responses that TV readers come to expect from anti thaksin bashers :)

It's still bragging about a bolt hole to go cheat on his mate with.

At this moment I would be surprised if they dont win outright

I'd be surprised if they did. I think the Yingluck support has been majorly HYPED.

Not long to find out.