How To Tell Boss I Need A Promotion.

I worked for a japanese company before. I started at 7am and left at 7pm. All the japaneses staff were there before I arrived and left after I did.. It is the Japanese way,, no one dare leave before the boss does..

But,, for hard work, they pay well, after you fit into the office..Good bonuses too..

However you do seem to be being taken advantage of..if you think you are working to long hours,Go home earlier..., stick to your job desrciption.

Or talk to whoever employed you and ask them if its appropriate to ask for pay rise.. Maybe thye are testing you.. also the Japaneses way,,

If you feel that you can handle the senior job I would go to your superior and point out that you are concerned that the lower duties are interfering with the ability to complete the tasks well. Ask him...or her...if they can think of any way which would help you be more able to handle the higher load.

Do not discuss increased pay but stress you would like the opportunity to handle the more senior duties well and this needs time.

Edited by harrry

I worked for a japanese company before. I started at 7am and left at 7pm. All the japaneses staff were there before I arrived and left after I did.. It is the Japanese way,, no one dare leave before the boss does..

But,, for hard work, they pay well, after you fit into the office..Good bonuses too..

However you do seem to be being taken advantage of..if you think you are working to long hours,Go home earlier..., stick to your job desrciption.

Or talk to whoever employed you and ask them if its appropriate to ask for pay rise.. Maybe thye are testing you.. also the Japaneses way,,

yes, you're completely right! my boss get to the office around 7 and left the office around 9-10pm and so do i.

i dont think im taken advantage but the more they put me more work the more i have learn.

i stop thinking about my boss assign me too much work. in contrast, it's the challenge......yeah...in the japanese way.

If you feel that you can handle the senior job I would go to your superior and point out that you are concerned that the lower duties are interfering with the ability to complete the tasks well. Ask him...or her...if they can think of any way which would help you be more able to handle the higher load.

Do not discuss increased pay but stress you would like the opportunity to handle the more senior duties well and this needs time.

for those admin job (which i don't like to do) i manage a few rule for them to do it themselves and they understand my situation.

i don't think asking for a promotion was a good idea from the moment cuz i just start working here for just 4months. have to wait and see how well i can do it.

but thanks for my boss he evaluated me for a bonus! XD

As a manager myself, I wouldn't consider a raise for a new employee who's only been around 4 months. It's standard to observe someone for at least a year. Sustained superior performance over that period of time would certainly warrant a pay increase.

Having said that, if you're already doing much more than your Job Description requires, that in itself may justify a pay increase. But you'll have to be able to explain rationally what comparable job you're filling that would qualify for the higher pay scale. That's not really asking for a raise, but rather, asking to be compensated for a higher position. But again, being there for only a short time might take a lot of convincing.