Volvo V70 2000-2007, Easy/Cheap To Service?

What auto gearbox is fitted to Thai V70s? I have read bad things about the AW55-50 which is also fitted to S60s and S80s. For examples of what I am talking about see this Volvo forum page: http://www.volvoforu...hp/t-75096.html

There is for V70 / S60 and S80 3 versions of AW gearboxes in Thailand.

- AW55-50

- AW55-51 (different gear ratio at R,1, 2 and 3 gear and of course software compared with AW50-50)

- AW TF-80SC

Neutral control removed from:

- Non Turbo 2001 W50

- Turbo 2001 W35

And again there is no need for extra oil cooler in Thailand or anywhere else, what mention in previous answer if "chipped" oil cooler is needed will not help as the tuning by "hobby" tuner has "destroyed" as example the torque model (software) which casusing slipping on the clutches in the gearbox, this will cause the gearbox brakedown sooner or later. A propare tuning will not allow any slipping more than orginal, and today there is only one company who have the competence and tools to do software tuning, and its Polestar as they comporate with Volvo Cars.

Best reagrds " Previous 17 years within R&D Volvocars.

I am glad we have a true Volvo enthusiast, and a source of knowledge in this board.:)

I have been looking at the Volvo S80 2,5 flexifuel. Do you know how it performs when using E85, power and milage, and do you know if it can be modified to perform better with TH Volvos warranty remaining?

Hi :)

The S80 2.5FT has a reduced power to 200Hp in Thailand to fit the tax regulation, in other countries it has 231Hp. This is done only with software for the engine control unit. Anyhow Polestar has a tuning for these cars (unchanged warranty from Volvo) and deliver 245Hp with 95 Oktan RON, if you are using E85 the power will be 258Hp.

Have a nice day!