Any Free Sms Service Online To Thailand?

Voo Doo

Most of the free services, if/when they are up, are pretty unreliable. However many global mobile service providers do offer free web-based SMS services for sending SMS'es to their subscribers. This is how it used to work for 1-2-Call, as the OP references.

If you need to reliably deliver SMS'es use a mobile phone! In the U.S. many providers offer international SMS'es for as little as 4 baht each (ten U.S. cents).

Or there are many paid SMS service providers. I've used www.telemessage.com for ~ one year. They offer an Outlook plug-in so you create an email and send it, and it get's delivered globally in seconds, as an SMS, with 99.95% reliability. The cost to send an SMS to Thailand is the also 4 baht using telemessage.

Edited by lomatopo

I am pretty sure this no longer works? Has anyone had any success with it? (I know it used to work.)

SMS'es are, at the base level, limited to 160 characters. I assume Thai script takes more data and hence limited to 70 characters.

edited to add: I just tried this and it does work if you are a registered mobilelife user (and AIS/1-2-Call) customer and logged in. I don't think it works if you are not, although it used to?

You could have your contact, the person you are trying to send SMS'es to, register (for mobilelife) and then give you their username and password. You could (conceivably, this is Thailand disclaimer) then log on and send them SMS'es for free. Kludgy, a bit but it should work for that one subscriber?

Edited by lomatopo

In addition, if you need to send to a DTAC number, you can use this utility; http://www.dtac.co.th/en/customer/OnlineSe...neservices.aspx

Once registered, you can send 50 free messages per month. The SIM you are registering has to be connected to a phone in Thailand or roaming, as you need to confirm the registration by calling 1877 from said mobile.

Everytime I try that site, I get the message:

ระบบไม่สามารถส่งข้อความได้เลย ท่านอาจจะลองทดสอบดูได้ครับ [We couldn't send your message...blah...blah...]

Anybody manage to get it to work?

Everytime I try that site, I get the message:

ระบบไม่สามารถส่งข้อความได้เลย ท่านอาจจะลองทดสอบดูได้ครับ [We couldn't send your message...blah...blah...]

Anybody manage to get it to work?

yahoo mesenger, icq, msn can be used but yahoo & icq can send sms to DTAC numbers starting with "01 and 09" only.