Water Bill

wally1k

there is probably a water leak somewhere. When we lived out in SanKampheng, we had a similar problem...found a leak and bill came down to 400... we thought, wow, great!

The joke was on us... must have been more leaks... we moved into a 3br/3bath house in SanSai, a little less lawn, and our bill has never been over 85 baht. 3 people... with guests on and off.

I think that perhaps you are paying too much. No idea of the reason why....But to offer you a comparison for posterity. I live in a three bedroom house (two people) with three showers and a power water system. I water the garden three/four times a week and obviously have numerous showers. I also have a waterfall/pond which is turned on several times a week .....and I also wash two cars and two motorcycles weekly and my water bill has never gone above 120 baht per MONTH

Hope that helps.

Chiang Mai, 3 people 2 showers each a day + dishes etc... 150 baht

A few months back in Pattaya I got a bill for over 3500 Bt. Funny part was all the water supply was turned off AND the home was empty

seems like someone needed a little extra pocket money that month

When I lived on a more foreign moo bahn (2 bed bungalow) - 3 of us, me and 2 kids - it cost me 410 baht per month - which I thought was cheap. When I moved to a Tha moo bahn a year ago, I pay between 80 and 150 baht a month (4 bed two storey house). I did have a leaking but sprayer in the down stairs toilet for a few months last year (and the bill over doubled - and that was just dripping) - when replaced bill back down to 80+ baht.

I think some moo bahns add a surcharge on.

Oh - two showers at least a day each (more when its very hot or we have been out - less when we go swimming and use the showers there perhaps). Washing machine used all weekend - though its a low usage type so probably keeps the bill down some. Wash down garden maybe once or twice a week (it's concrete with pot plants - not lawn). Use a lot of dishes (typical male cooking!) so wash up about a million times a day (or seems that way). 2-3 buckets of water for mopping a day (during rainy season) 1 during dry season.

Edited by wolf5370