Please Recommend Broker For Online Trading In Set

Hi guys, i plan to enter trading SET online, can you please recommend some good local brokers? I talked to Kim Eng, they seems to be ok except not giving margin to foreigners and some strange rule of "From 1st April 2010 onwards, all account types and every channel both Sales Representative and Internet channels collect minimum commission charge 50 Baht per day" I mean even if I am not trading that day they will collect some fee? Any other advices for beginner like me will be appreciated.

No brokers give margin to individual foreign investors for stocks. You can trade futures instead on margin. Brokerage is only charged when you trade. The commission rates are very low compared with other countries. Currently, around 0.17% (0.15% plus a VAT) of total trade value for internet orders across different brokers. The min. 50 baht is there so that there is basically a floor amount that gets charged otherwise a small daily total trade of value 1000 baht would end up paying just 1.5 baht commission – which is hardly worthwhile collecting

Assuming you are a non-Thai investor, a point to note if you plan on holding stocks for the dividends and especially if you are a tax resident in Thailand, make sure you own foreign shares and not NVDRs. The reason is that you will be able to claim tax credits on the shares, whereas NVDRs do not carry any tax credits.

• 6 months later...

A ittle up for the same purpose : does anybody know a good local (thai) broker online with access to european markets ? Or maybe a foreign broker (which I still didn't find) who doesn't require a local (from its country) account ?

Thank you

www.interactivebrokers.com

A ittle up for the same purpose : does anybody know a good local (thai) broker online with access to european markets ? Or maybe a foreign broker (which I still didn't find) who doesn't require a local (from its country) account ?

Thank you

www.interactivebrokers.com

thank you, i check this right away ;)

I recommend scb securities- they share alot of research material from a variety of sources and my broker is good (he calls me up when there are significant price movements, events etc). I also use kim eng (but am about to close my account) they dont share any research material and brokers less useful i find.

I recommend scb securities- they share alot of research material from a variety of sources and my broker is good (he calls me up when there are significant price movements, events etc). I also use kim eng (but am about to close my account) they dont share any research material and brokers less useful i find.

Thanks but they all focused on thai market.. :(

Thanks but they all focused on thai market.. sad.png

yes, you probably need one broker for international business and another for the thai market.

• 2 weeks later...