Minimum Salary For Foreign Workers Work Permit

Firfox

I am about to start a limited company in Thailand with my wife who is a Thai national being the majority share holder. I will declare 2 million capital (only 1 million necessary) and two thai employees. The company will apply for a work permit for me to work in the English School as an English teacher for the company will be starting up an Englisg tuition school. I am aware that we need to show on the job description why we need to employ a foreigner.

My question is that we also have to show the salary that the employee (work permit holder) will be paid. I have read some where that the minimum salary that you can pay a foreign worker is 50,000 baht a month which both tax and social security stamp needs to be paid based on this amount . Obviously you can pay them less but you would still need to show 50,000 baht going through your books and the tax and social security contributions will have to be based on 50,000 baht a month. However, I have also read this minimum salary does not apply to English teachers. Can you please clarify which information is correct. Thank you.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Firfox

Teachers are exempt from the minimum wage requirement but the educational institute must hold a license from the Ministry of Education and confirmation and a request made by the educational institute to Immigration.

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]