Pattaya Music Festival

davethailand

This weekend is the Pattaya music festival which has been put together by the pattaya musicians club.

It features ONLY bands that play in pattaya's bars and clubs with bands from-

xcyte

Marine

The Blues Factory

Hollywood

Climax Bar

Blue Chili etc

and also bands such as-

pops all stars and of course Lam Morrison.

Lam is on from 6pm friday where itv wil be filming and "The Blues Machine" will close the concert on sunday from midnight followed by the aftershow party.

Blues Factory schedule will remains normal.

Spent a few hours at the festival yesterday (watching Lam etc) and I have to say that the pattaya music club, TAT and the powers that be have done a great job, Great sound, layout, facilities and its free.

won't go today but I'll be there from 1130pm tomorrow night. :o

I was there too on the 21st, arrived a bit late though at about 23.30 :o

The last song was a blazing rendition of Deep Purple's Highway Star.

Don't know what the band where called but the had some dancers/singers called "Nong Fon and Nong Goong" anyone know how the name of the band and where they normaly play ?

It was anounced that the mayor of Pattaya had allready allocated funds

for this festival to be held again next year bigger and better.

Didn't get there on the 22nd ...hope to catch the last day though.

post-2109-1130002725_thumb.jpg

Terrific show in a very nice venue.

Really good bands without the huge crowds of the "other" Pattaya Music Festival.

Sorry for the crap level of the photos:

One of the best I saw was a really good group of musicians, but with a terrible band name, "Pookie". Will definitely go down to see them play again in their normal venue on Soi 2.

You don't get to see too many guys play Jeff Beck, but he's did it here and he did it very well:

100_9423.jpg

and Mr. Team... a big-named popular band doing Linkin Park:

100_9425.jpg

No problem SJ :D

I went last night as "The Blues Machine" were closing the festival, not many people there as it was raining :D . Anyway they got on stage at around 1230am and gave a terrific performance, I actually had goosebumps :o they had the odds against them also as the audience was thai (mainly drunk) and the acts before were all thai's doing covers (Carabao etc) but they got up and Mary IMO stole the entire evening.

A few pics.

DSCF4024.sized.jpg

DSCF3961.sized.jpg

DSCF3628.sized.jpg

DSCF3599.sized.jpg

Edited by davethailand

Wanted to stay and see the always-good Blues Machine, but after unknown number of beers and unknown number of bands playing an unknown number of songs during an unknown amount of time passing... I found myself unable to continue... :D:D

anyway... glad to hear they did well. I was very impressed with the whole evening as food and drinks at the numerous shops were very reasonable and good. Look forward to it next year.

The one problem was the toilet truck... sheesh... never pissed in a semi before and had a good laugh, but the dang ceiling was so low for my heighth that while standing at the urinal... I was almost bent over in half... not a comfortable position to relieve oneself.

:o