Koh Samui To Pattaya

want to go to pattaya next week from samui.

agents suggest i backtrack south via ferry and bus 2.5 hours to surathani then bus it 14 hrs to bangkok then 1.5 hours south again to pattaya-this seems nuts to me!!

any other routes please or should i just pay the 4k baht to fly?

The bus options were discussed recently. :Scroll down this page or on page 2. Or you could take the overnight train from Surat to Bangkok. Or fly from Surat to Bangkok.

I'd fly direct though if the money isn't a problem. Much easier.

Bangkok airways have an offer on samui to Pattaya of 3360 and still have seats at that price for wednesday thursday and friday next week. Before that its the normal price of 3860. Compared to the hassle of the other routes of getting there i'd fly direct.

Another suggestion is the yellow bus from Nathon direct to pattaya.VIP seat costs 1100 baht one way.Ferry leaves 3pm,bus at donsak leaves 4.45pm arrives north pattaya bus terminal at 5am.Its a good comfy ride,one stop of 20 mins. near Hua Hin.

could be a winner.

heard/read some horror stories re overnight buses, have used planty vip buses in my times here vip overnight safe u reckon?

im over 40 and fairly thai savvy.

Another suggestion is the yellow bus from Nathon direct to pattaya.VIP seat costs 1100 baht one way.Ferry leaves 3pm,bus at donsak leaves 4.45pm arrives north pattaya bus terminal at 5am.Its a good comfy ride,one stop of 20 mins. near Hua Hin.

could be a winner.

heard/read some horror stories re overnight buses, have used planty vip buses in my times here vip overnight safe u reckon?

nothings a sure thing is it?but i found it ok if you've got plenty of time,beats paying 8000 baht return with bangkok air.

could be a winner.

nothings a sure thing is it?but i found it ok if you've got plenty of time,beats paying 8000 baht return with bangkok air.

I guess it all depends on how much you value your time, if you are ok saving 2,700 baht to spend 14 hours traveling by the bus route as apposed to 3 hours on the plane route then its a good deal. Personally if going to Pattaya was my thing (which it isnt) I would probably want to get there and get on with whatever it is I was going there to do!!

could be a winner.

had a friend use it he said it was ok, its along trip though and for a few thousand more the plane is way more attractive.

just fly to U-Tapal not sure on the spelling or bangkok then taxi.

happy ending down the walking street.

see if u can see the <deleted> englishman who thinks he is a copper but just glory taker and likes to act flash infrot of camera.

see if u can see the <deleted> englishman who thinks he is a copper but just glory taker and likes to act flash infrot of camera.

The Englishman is now the British Consul in Pattaya.

The Englishman is now the British Consul in Pattaya.

he is still a show pony, i must get his altagraph

finally, after a 90 min wild songtaew ride and a 15 min walk i managed to get a bus ticket !!!

i guess im more time than cash rich, so saving 3k plus a nights hotel seems ok at this juncture.

that said, i havent been on a 15 hour bus journey before!

thanks for all input.

finally, after a 90 min wild songtaew ride and a 15 min walk i managed to get a bus ticket !!!

i guess im more time than cash rich, so saving 3k plus a nights hotel seems ok at this juncture.

thanks for all input.

Hmmm bus trip advice.....get pissed...don't leave anything of value anywhere that's not about your person....take a large bottle of water with you.....get more pissed.

Did I mention getting pissed? Oh yeah...biggrin.gif....take a book for the last couple of hours....they're the worst. wink.gif

thanks for all input.

Hmmm bus trip advice.....get pissed...don't leave anything of value anywhere that's not about your person....take a large bottle of water with you.....get more pissed.

Did I mention getting pissed? Oh yeah...biggrin.gif....take a book for the last couple of hours....they're the worst. wink.gif

That is all good advise, as long as the bus has a toilet on board.

thanks for all input.

toilet water book valuables tight about person check.

getting pissed no ty.

Edited by Rooo
fixed quote

thanks for all input.

toilet water book valuables tight about person check.

getting pissed no ty.

Belt and braces eh? Hell you don't just read between the lines either...lol!

Edited by Rooo
fixed quote