Good Burger Search Over

neilf

Just Burger in Jomtien Beach Road just before soy 9 is very good.

Tried them. hey suck! Bun burnt, dry and just not delicious. A bit over-priced and well over-rated! Customer service, horrible!

I won't be going back.

For all you Europeans who don't know what a good burger is, this is a burger! Probably the best in the world. It's on MSNBC's 10 best burgers in the world list.

It's called and 'In and Out Double Double Burger'

The fries are made fresh from whole potatoes. Not frozen.

Yes it's greasy and messy, but it has taste!

I've been missing of these for years!

Duh!! We are in Thailand, not California. Only my opinion about Just Burgers. I know a lot of people agree also. While "In and Out" is an excellent burger (animal style), try to remember where you are. For me In and Out is a yuppie burger and Carl's Jr. has a way better burger. again personal taste. By the way not that it is important, I am a native Californian for 70 years, not a European. Let me guess you are with your laptop at a Starbucks playing food critic.

I know very well where I am.

Carls's Jr. is not a bad burger either. I like them too.

But IMO, Just Burgers was just a horrible experience! The worst part was the burnt bun. I don't like charcoal! The posts here on TV are way overrate the place (my be drinking buddies of the owner), and the price... well I might as well go to Burger King. Presently Burger King is the best I know of here in Pattaya.

Oh yeah, did I comment about the lousy service at Just Burgers? Difficult to get a coke, but I could get a beer if I wanted (I don't drink). I couldn't get a bill either. The owner was too busy chatting with an old fart to notice. By the way, you wouldn't be him (the old fart), would you? I was ignored when asking for the bill. Wasn't till I got up and started to walk away with burger uneaten, before someone finally noticed. Oh yeah, let's not forget only a few bar stools and small bar to eat at. Maybe will do for those that like to sit and drink at a bar, but not for eating. Not a lot of customers either (maybe two) Like I said. I won't be back. Almost anyplace else is better in Pattaya. Just Burgers, just plain SUCKS!

The old Bob's served the best burger in Pattaya. But Bob is no longer around.

By the way, I don't like Starbucks. You won't find me there.

Finally... Yes taste and environment are up to the individual. That's why I'm expressing my opinion.

Chill out and get a beer!

My favorite burger in Pattaya comes from Dairy Queen on the 5th floor at the Central Mall of all places. The beef is imported, the bun and produce are always fresh, and it is cooked to order.

I add an extra patty or 20 Baht to make it a double, and I think the total comes to 129 Baht. I get it with a side of onion rings which are really good, they have refillable soft drinks, and real napkins.

I agree...for the price not a bad burger at all...probably the best "fast-food" burger around...prefer them to my old standby Burger King. Also have stuff like mushroom burgers, bacon-cheese burgers, etc. The chicken burgers are very good as well and finish off with one of their softie ice-cream concoctions :D

Edited by FarangBuddha

My favorite burger in Pattaya comes from Dairy Queen on the 5th floor at the Central Mall of all places. The beef is imported, the bun and produce are always fresh, and it is cooked to order.

I add an extra patty or 20 Baht to make it a double, and I think the total comes to 129 Baht. I get it with a side of onion rings which are really good, they have refillable soft drinks, and real napkins.

I agree...for the price not a bad burger at all...probably the best "fast-food" burger around...prefer them to my old standby Burger King. Also have stuff like mushroom burgers, bacon-cheese burgers, etc. The chicken burgers are very good as well and finish off with one of their softie ice-cream concoctions :D

Ok I dont eat burgers very often in fact rarely but the only burger I had in Pattaya that I really like was the MOS burger. I know it is a bit small but it was quite tasty.

A place called American Ribs or something similar also has good burgers, it's on Theppasit road on the same side as Pattaya sea food and about 200m further if coming from Thapraya rd.

JH

JB, when was the last time you where there ? The Farang who owned

it (Rob) sold it to some Thais if I remember correctly. Now the food really

really sucks. We used to go there at least once a week. Now everything

is very oily and tasteless. On the other hand I haven't been back in at least

10 months ... if somebody has more up to date info please report !

Cheers,

rudi

I was there about a month ago, still decent ribs and burgers....

JH

A place called American Ribs or something similar also has good burgers, it's on Theppasit road on the same side as Pattaya sea food and about 200m further if coming from Thapraya rd.

JH

JB, when was the last time you where there ? The Farang who owned

it (Rob) sold it to some Thais if I remember correctly. Now the food really

really sucks. We used to go there at least once a week. Now everything

is very oily and tasteless. On the other hand I haven't been back in at least

10 months ... if somebody has more up to date info please report !

Cheers,

rudi

I was there about a month ago, still decent ribs and burgers....

JH

I was there two months ago and the ribs were oily and inedible. But my TG enjoyed her salad

Ok I dont eat burgers very often in fact rarely but the only burger I had in Pattaya that I really like was the MOS burger. I know it is a bit small but it was quite tasty.

mosburger,diary queen closed at central festival....

Not surprised about Mos...silly excuse for a hamburger but surprised about D-Q.

I would have said the opposite.....

Maccas and Burger King have burgers that are barely edible only really good when u are liquored up.

Moss at least tasted okay like it had real meat but it never had many customers so not surprised it has closed.

Maccas and Burger King have burgers that are barely edible only really good when u are liquored up.

Moss at least tasted okay like it had real meat but it never had many customers so not surprised it has closed.

I was more thinking about a comparison between Mos and D-Q...Mc D's is pretty nasty and B-K is pretty decent for a fast-food burger. Still sorry to hear of the demise of D-Q if that is indeed true...their food was not bad for what it was and was handy for take-out and sitting on the beach :)

I was more thinking about a comparison between Mos and D-Q...Mc D's is pretty nasty and B-K is pretty decent for a fast-food burger. Still sorry to hear of the demise of D-Q if that is indeed true...their food was not bad for what it was and was handy for take-out and sitting on the beach :)

I never tried DQ.

I was put off by the pictures.

I never tried DQ.

I could see that...all that cheese, bacon, and mushrooms on the burgers might definitely be off-putting :lol:

Edited by FarangBuddha

[i was more thinking about a comparison between Mos and D-Q...Mc D's is pretty nasty and B-K is pretty decent for a fast-food burger. Still sorry to hear of the demise of D-Q if that is indeed true...their food was not bad for what it was and was handy for take-out and sitting on the beach :)

I never tried DQ.

I could see that...all that cheese, bacon, and mushrooms on the burgers might definitely be off-putting :lol:

Rule of thumb the brighter and better the pictures the worse the food :lol:

I was more thinking about a comparison between Mos and D-Q...Mc D's is pretty nasty and B-K is pretty decent for a fast-food burger.

They are pretty much the same, but McDonald's is much cheaper. IMHO Moss Burger was not any better, but smaller for sure.

I enjoy a fast-food burger from time to time and beef is so lousy in Thailand that they are usually better than the more traditional burgers in Western restaurants.

I second that. Never left disappointed from Dairy Queen. Price/quality is really good. A Californian mate of mine recommended it to me

I have tried yesterday the same burger as the OP, and I can only say that he must be kidding!!!

Are there other places in Patts where to get a Dairy Queen burger?

Edited by manarak

Dairy Queen is indeed closed. :(

Too bad, I went there yesterday to see if it was true, and it was. So, I instead I had my 2nd choice, which is the A&W on the 6th floor at Central. I had the double cheeseburger for 125 Baht, which was not bad. They serve it with a frosted mug of root beer, so that was good.

Dairy Queen is indeed closed. :(

Too bad, I went there yesterday to see if it was true, and it was. So, I instead I had my 2nd choice, which is the A&W on the 6th floor at Central. I had the double cheeseburger for 125 Baht, which was not bad. They serve it with a frosted mug of root beer, so that was good.

Bummer dude...now will have to give the A&W a try :(

Surprised they didn't give it more time and marketing effort as D-Q is part of the Minor Group (Marriott Hotels, Swensons, Pizza Company, Sizzler, etc) so they got loads of the folding stuff and marketing muscle and the menu at these expanded D-Qs was quite good, including the ice-cream concoctions.

I believe there are 2 other Dairy Queen's: Big C/ North Pattaya and Big C Extra/ Pattaya Klang; don'y know if they serve burgers.

B)

Those only have the soft-serve ice-cream treats and cakes, as does the Carefour (opps Big C Extra) outlet :(

Edited by FarangBuddha