How Much Does The Visa Cost?

Hello,

I am sorry to start this new topic, but I have tried searching on here and also the consulate in NY, and I'm just getting more confused! I find lots of information about how to get married and how to apply for the extension of stay, but I cannot seem to find out how much the actual visa costs when we're approved.

A little background information: I am an American woman, and my husband is a Thai citizen. We currently live in Thailand. We paid the B1,900 for the two-month extension based on marriage, which runs out at the end of this month. We have a big folder full of pictures and copies of all the documents they requested. So when we go back at the end of this month, how much will we have to pay for the visa? I think this would be good to have in hand when I go to immigration. :) I can't imagine that we'd get it for free!

Thanks for your help,

WaatWang

That's where I'm confused. I'm assuming they're going to give me some kind of Non-O Immigrant Visa, not an extension. There is nothing to extend because my previous visa is now expired....

I originally came here as most people do, on a tourist visa. I went back & forth to the US a few times. When I decided to move here permanently, since I'm a couple decades short of retirement age, I got an education visa. I was a good girl and went to school, and I can even talk about fish eating other fish now. B)

I met my husband about halfway through my education visa. When he proposed, we picked a wedding date that was around the time my visa would run out so that eveything would just transition to a marriage visa.

Therefore, they can't extend the education visa - it's used up. I should get an entire new visa based on marriage, right? And if that's the case, how much will it cost? :unsure:

Thanks for your reply,

WaatWang

you will go back to the office and receive a stamp, the 2 months was just the time needed to check your documents. You will go back and receive a 1 year extension, you paid the fee on your previous visit

Edited by beano2274

You are extending your permission to stay not your Visa.

They should extend your current stay by 12 months providing you have the correct documentation.

1,900 Baht.

There is a chance that they might want you to go a Thai Consulate abroad and get a Non Imm O Visa (2,000 Baht). They might even want to issue you a Non Imm O Visa at Immigration.(2,000 Baht)

My guess is that they will process the 12 month extension there and then.

They issue a 30 day under consideration stamp while they investigate the legality of your relationship. You go back in a month and get the remainder.

You should be applying for the extension now so go and ask them what they want. You lose no days by applying early and it gives you time in case you need more documents etc.