Us Consulate In Pattaya?

fourbaht

Hi

I wondered if any one knows if there is a US consulate in Pattaya? I have some Bank forms I need notarizing befre sending to the USA.

If not does anyone know the process at the US embassy to get forms notarized? I am not an american so have never been before.

Cheers

Fourbaht

No US embassy in Pattaya. Think there is a combined scandinavian consular office in Jomtien, Soi Sukasem, in the hotel building at the end of the soi. They should be able to do it unless it really has to be a US embassy.

US Consular personnel make occasionaly visits to Pattaya to handle routine matters like that, but I think it's only about once every six months or so. Otherwise you're going to have to present yourself at the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Bangkok.

Notarizing documents is generally handled at the Citizen Services windows and, as I recall, the fee is shockingly high. Since you say you're not an American, I'm frankly not sure how it all plays out for you. My suggestion is that you turn up at the Consulate, go to the Citizens Services window becasue the lines are shorter there, and if that's not the right place, they'll let you know. The Citizens Services window is only open from something like 8:30 to 11:30 in the morning and then again after lunch for a couple of hours. The best time to go, by far, is in the morning. After lunch it can get very crowded indeed and the waits can be quite long.

I hope this helps.

Again, if it's not a condition that it has to be notarized by the US Embassy you can always go to a lawyer, most of them can do that.

EQUITY INTERNATIONAL LAW OFFICE

284/69 Moo 5

Pattaya – Naklua Road

Naklua, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

Tel 038 225427

Fax 038 225428

Mobile 01 6465907

Email: [email protected]

Member:

MR THANAKORN RAJRONGMUANG, Attorney

General Practice in criminal, civil, family cases and Notary Public

English speaking lawyer

I think they just made a visit last month See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46179

The email quoted there lists "Notarial services (US $30 or baht 1,200 for the first notarial; US $20 or baht 800 for each additional related notarial)". I think it's the same price at the Embassy.

Be warned that the US Embassy's Upcoming Consular Visits web page does not get updated -- as of now it says "Updated on : July 28, 2004' and doesn't list any visits after May 2005.

Edited by fxm88

Thanks every one..

Just in case any one else has to do this its very simple, go into the consular section, they will guide you to the citizen services department, after entering on the right you will see two windows, just approach one and they will give you a receipt to take to the cashier, the cost is 1200 baht.

Come back to the window and show them the reciept and wait for aproxinately 15 minutes and its complete.

This section is open 7-11, I arrived at 10.30 and was out completed by 11.00.

Cheers

• 4 years later...