Silver Bars, Anywhere To Buy Them In Pattaya ?

how241

Is there anywhere in Pattaya to buy silver bars ? I was looking into giving some as a wedding gift. I can't afford to give gold. I have asked several gold shops but all of them say they don't handle silver, as it is not popular in Thailand. One shop suggested that I try Bangkok but that can be a expensive day out just to try and buy some silver bars and I would have no idea where to go in Bangkok or what shop might be trustworthy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can't find a bar in Pattaya?

And at least half seem to be for sale.....or forgot to pay their power bill!

I've never seen silver bars in LOS. And I've looked. You could probably have some smelted in to a mold, I'd think a better jeweler could do that.

Don't do it. Its not the same as gold in terms of international standards, and ID. You are better off buying silver coins - if you can find any.

If anyone is interested in buying one ounce .999% pure Silver American Silver Eagle $1 coins, already graded by PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service), I have the full set of these from 1986-2008 for sale.

PM me for pictures and info, these are collector coins, 24 in this set, valued at over $2400 US Dollars today. I will entertain serious offers exceeding Thai Baht 60,000, happy to transact at the Siam Commercial or Bangkok Bank of your choice.post-77716-0-89743400-1310129007_thumb.j

mario299 :jap:

Don't do it. Its not the same as gold in terms of international standards, and ID. You are better off buying silver coins - if you can find any.

Thanks for the info. Is there anywhere in Pattaya to buy silver bars ? I was looking into giving some as a wedding gift. I can't afford to give gold. Anyone have American silver coins for sale ?

I'm assuming this is just a wind-up and not a serious question. Because the answer is already in the very first line of your post:

Is there anywhere in Pattaya to buy silver bars ? I was looking into giving some as a wedding gift. I can't afford to give gold. I have asked several gold shops but all of them say they don't handle silver, as it is not popular in Thailand.

As you mentioned: Silver is NOT POPULAR in Thailand. So therefore not suitable as a wedding gift. Culturally and socially it's not comparable to gold in any way. You might as well buy lead or zinc.

A tiny bit of gold of comparable value (or even: less value) will be more appreciated than a pile of silver.

In Thailand (and Asia) there is no arguing against gold. Pure gold. (96.6%, close to 24K)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'm assuming this is just a wind-up and not a serious question. Because the answer is already in the very first line of your post:

Is there anywhere in Pattaya to buy silver bars ? I was looking into giving some as a wedding gift. I can't afford to give gold. I have asked several gold shops but all of them say they don't handle silver, as it is not popular in Thailand.

As you mentioned: Silver is NOT POPULAR in Thailand. So therefore not suitable as a wedding gift. Culturally and socially it's not comparable to gold in any way. You might as well buy lead or zinc.

A tiny bit of gold of comparable value (or even: less value) will be more appreciated than a pile of silver.

In Thailand (and Asia) there is no arguing against gold. Pure gold. (96.6%, close to 24K)

Thank you for your info. I am sort of new to Asia so I am not familar with all the customs.

• 4 weeks later...