Certain Sites Unavailable

hughden

I have an account with J-Net and use their DNS servers. Today I have experienced problems accessing site such as Twitter, Flickr and Metacritic; they just don't load; while other site are OK.

I have tried changing to Google DNS but that doesn't help.

Are there some checks I can do which will highlight why I am unable to reach certain sites?

Thanks.

You can use the http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/ to get a good indication of whether it's just you are experiencing the problem or it appears to be for everyone.

I would recommend you turn off your modem and router for about 15 seconds, then turn them back on. If that don't work then also turn off and on your computer's Wifi function basically forcing a Reconnection to the router Wifi or hard wire connection. Also, try doing a forced refresh by pressing Control-F5 after/when attempting to reach the site. You can also try clearing all the Temp/History files on your computer as some maybe be corrupted causing the problem.

I've had a few cases over the years where I just could not reach certain web sites, and one of above fixed my problem. About two months ago I could not reach a certain U.S. govt web site to access my 401K account. I had been reaching it no problem for years, but then one day I couldn't any more. I cleared my computer's cache/temp files, turned my computer's Wifi off and on, but it didn't help. Then I just turned my TOT ADSL modem off and on and I could then reach the site.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a VPN and everything works fine when I use that. But going through J-Net I can't get to Twitter, Flickr etc.

I have tried clearly my browser, clearing DNS cache, using Google DNS; but the problem persists with all three computers in my house, one wired and two wireless. Have tried rebooting as suggested with no success.

J-Net tells me everything is working fine as far as they are concerned; it's really weird!

You can use the http://www.downforev...neorjustme.com/ to get a good indication of whether it's just you are experiencing the problem or it appears to be for everyone.

I would recommend you turn off your modem and router for about 15 seconds, then turn them back on. If that don't work then also turn off and on your computer's Wifi function basically forcing a Reconnection to the router Wifi or hard wire connection. Also, try doing a forced refresh by pressing Control-F5 after/when attempting to reach the site. You can also try clearing all the Temp/History files on your computer as some maybe be corrupted causing the problem.

I've had a few cases over the years where I just could not reach certain web sites, and one of above fixed my problem. About two months ago I could not reach a certain U.S. govt web site to access my 401K account. I had been reaching it no problem for years, but then one day I couldn't any more. I cleared my computer's cache/temp files, turned my computer's Wifi off and on, but it didn't help. Then I just turned my TOT ADSL modem off and on and I could then reach the site.

If I put a site I cannot access into downforeveryone then it says it is up; but I can't access it.