My Salary Requirements For Spouse Visa To Uk

Is there a minimum amount that one needs to earn in order to satisfy the UK immigration when applying for a spouse visa to the UK?

For example, I am a part-time student who is working 3 nights per week. Needless to say, my salary isn't the the highest every month. I wanted to ask, as the requirements simply state that, "we are able to support ourselves without support from public funds" that earning under 1k per month,would be deemed acceptable?

She has a job lined up as soon as she arrives after she acquires her NI number. Also, I don't plan on studying forever, so, would the immigration officials take this into consideration or simply base our situation on what I earn now and not, say, in 18 months time?

Moreover, we would be staying at my parents as soon as she arrives. So, coupled with the part-time income and this proposed living arangement, would our spouse visa stand a chance of being accepted - provided all other requirements were met, or does the low income and living arrangements with my parents present a problem for our application?

Thanks

Last yesr when we applied I believe the minimum was only £1200.00 per month Nett income. We also did a spread sheet to show income and expenditure which proves you can manage without any problems.

I am sure the experts will correct me if I am wrong

i would say it will not be a problem, but you will need to make your application rock solid. pr.ovide a letter from your thai partner's future employers in the uk, showing a promise of a job. also the letter from your parents can say that you can stay there as long as need be, and until you find a job and can move to rented.

will your mum pay for your share of food / utility bills?

and will the 1k a month just be spending money? or how much will be spending money?

will the 1k a month just be spending money? or how much will be spending money?

Thanks for the replies.

The job offer/letter will promise her an interview only, although, the manager of that company has verbally agreed her a position and she has as good as got the job. However, the headed company letter can only invite her for an interview and if successful then the job is hers.

My mother will support us both. This includes food and utility bills. We will provide her with some 'keep' but it is not expected and she will happily confirm this in a formal letter.

My salary of 1k per month is my own - apart from a few small direct debits such as gym membership etc..

I do have another question with regards to 'support from the government'. My studies. I have been recieving financial support each term for my subjects (it's a free grant and doesn't need to be paid back). Would the UK border agency look upon this 'public funds'?

appreciate all the advice so far.

will the 1k a month just be spending money? or how much will be spending money?

Thanks for the replies.

The job offer/letter will promise her an interview only, although, the manager of that company has verbally agreed her a position and she has as good as got the job. However, the headed company letter can only invite her for an interview and if successful then the job is hers.

My mother will support us both. This includes food and utility bills. We will provide her with some 'keep' but it is not expected and she will happily confirm this in a formal letter.

My salary of 1k per month is my own - apart from a few small direct debits such as gym membership etc..

I do have another question with regards to 'support from the government'. My studies. I have been recieving financial support each term for my subjects (it's a free grant and doesn't need to be paid back). Would the UK border agency look upon this 'public funds'?

appreciate all the advice so far.

as you are a uk national - you can claim what you like :). only your thai partner cannot claim certain public funds - like unemployment benefits, child support etc

MAA4 Maintenance: General requirements

There is no explicit minimum figure for what represents sufficient maintenance..............

Finances can come from the applicant, sponsor, a third party or any combination of these. All those contributing should provide evidence that they have the resources to do so and if a third party a brief letter explaining why they are doing so will help.

Evidence of her job offer will also help.

Accommodation can be provided by a third party, such as your mother. She should write a letter of invitation and briefly describe the property to show that there is at least one room for your exclusive use. If she owns, then some proof of this such as a mortgage statement, if she rents then a letter of consent from her landlord.

Whilst you may not claim any extra public funds due to your wife moving to the UK, any that you are already receiving in your own right are fine.

See Maintenance and accommodation for more detail.