Important Document

jocko

Registered post is the other option. That also works just fine.

You can never completely rely on the normal post, registered or not. The area where I live hasn't had mail for 2 months now, at the post office they told me that they tried it with 2 newly hired mailmen, who both quit or were fired, and now they are trying it with a 3d one. Both in Khao Lak and in Hua Hin where I lived before, I have had periods that the mail didn't come for weeks at an end.

Yup, only way to go for any material which is irreplaceable etc, courier is a no-brainer. Fedex, DHL etc, are both very good, and of course there are others. Typically they will guarantee delivery worldwide within 72 hours. I've used Fedex quite a few times here in Phuket, and their service has been great. Call, they come to the house to pick up, issue tracking number straight away, and from recollection of the last time, less than 2000 baht for a large (A4 size) envelope.

Edited by pagallim

Over the past 3 years I have used the Thai EMS service to send tax returns and other important documents from Phuket to the US (600 baht each time).

You can track the movement of the EMS envelope via the Internet.

Every item has arrived, and arrived on schedule.

I also send/receive domestic registered mail often -- mostly from Phuket to Bangkok and vice versa.

No item has ever gone astray.

Finally, the staff at the Phuket post office in Phuket town (near CAT) are brilliantly efficient and polite.

Over the past 3 years I have used the Thai EMS service to send tax returns and other important documents from Phuket to the US (600 baht each time).

You can track the movement of the EMS envelope via the Internet.

Every item has arrived, and arrived on schedule.

I also send/receive domestic registered mail often -- mostly from Phuket to Bangkok and vice versa.

No item has ever gone astray.

Finally, the staff at the Phuket post office in Phuket town (near CAT) are brilliantly efficient and polite.

lucky you

several embassys do not send passports by EMS, to many lost

and the above post office do not recomend domestic EMS for parcels value above 5k baht, as to many lost

they recomend LOGISPOST