Yingluck: Elected Pheu Thai MPs' Meeting With Thaksin Not Related To Cabinet List

Lite Beer

Elected Pheu Thai MPs' meeting with Thaksin not related to cabinet list: Yingluck

image_201107091807230E9493C3-BF18-A0DF-7FC8EE9561BEB669.jpg

BANGKOK, July 9 -- Thailand's next prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday declared media reports that Pheu Thai Party's elected MPs would fly to meet her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra was not related to the upcoming cabinet list, but it was more likely personal visits with a former colleague.

Unconfirmed reports claim that several groups of elected Pheu Thai MPs are scheduled to fly to Dubai where fugitive premier Thaksin is living in self-imposed exile to discuss the line-up of the new cabinet in a Pheu Thai-led government. Ms Yingluck said she believed the trip was normal visit as they used to work together and it had nothing to do with the cabinet list.

She reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties.

Ms Yingluck repeated that until now no arrangements have been made regarding the cabinet list as there was still ample time before the Election Commission (EC) endorsed the elected MPs.

It was still too early to talk about persons who would be selected to be ministers, she said, and she denied reports that former Royal Thai Army commander, Gen Somthat Attanand, was tipped to head the Defense portfolio.

In response to the move by Wirat Kalayasiri, head of the Democrat Party's legal team, who said that the party would ask the EC to recommend to Thailand's Constitution Court for the dissolution of Pheu Thai for violating the Constitution by allowing politicians banned from politics to be involved in party planning and campaigning, Ms Yingluck said no banned politicians were involved in decision making within party.

She said Thaksin, and others in the group of 111 banned politicians of the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT), did not meddle in the affairs of the Pheu Thai Party, and she was ready to defend the party over the issue.

Ms Yingluck denied the charge, saying the Pheu Thai Party has set working teams to map out policies to solve pressing problems of the country, including high cost of living and reconciliation. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-07-09

For her own and future Cabinet crediblity, she has to pretend herself and the party are their own bosses (true democracy), but events like this fly in the face of all she says.

How long can the farce continue?

Of course we believe you! Why would them discuss about this topic?

Nah, just a visit to a former colleague...

dam_n, how can she think that we are going to believe this crappy comment....? Same kind of lies as the brother...

For her own and future Cabinet crediblity, she has to pretend herself and the party are their own bosses (true democracy), but events like this fly in the face of all she says.

How long can the farce continue?

Until the EC and then the Constitution Court rule on it :) If they spank PTP, perhaps Thaksin will learn something and keep a lower profile with whatever proxy party emerges.

With the request to the EC to investigate the role of banned politicians in Pheu Thai election campaign, having a bunch of NE MP's fly to say hello to k. Thaksin is circumstancial evidence at the most. It's AFTER the elections. Anyway Ms. Yingluck said 'she believed the trip was normal visit as they used to work together and it had nothing to do with the cabinet list, more likely personal visits with a former colleague'.

Mind you I might have assumed that those MPs could have given valuable input in the formation of a cabinet and how to 'people' it. Ms Yingluck 'reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties.'. Under the authority suggests party members and MP might be involved.

Ms. Yingluck is still very consistent I must admit. Here we have another 'still ample time', 'too early to talk about persons'. Well, as all studied members here know 'Rome wasn't build in a single day' :)

If this isn't about Cabinet Jobs then pigs can fly.

Since we don't seen them flying on their own,

they take Thai Air to visit the Liege Lord and supplicate or bloviate.

Edited by animatic

Surely the most obvious question that Yingluck should be asking or should be asked of Yingluck is.. "Why in your opinion do these people need to meet with Thaksin when according to all that is said my good lady you are the Prime Minister designate ? "

Methinks that Machiavelli is still alive and well in Thai politics. Or possibly there is a gentle effluvia of monetary rewards emanating from the communal political feeding troughs in the prevailing wind ?

I actually feel rather sad about all this. She's in a unique position. She has the opportunity to bring a new sense of truth and integrity to the forefront. It's her chance to shine. It seems sad to me she's chosen to treat both those who elected her and her opposition in this way.

She said Thaksin, and others in the group of 111 banned politicians of the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT), did not meddle in the affairs of the Pheu Thai Party,

Weren't there reports previously from PTP members that Thaksin would personally pick the PM candidate?How she explains the slogan that said something in he line of " Thaksins thinks and PTP's acts"?

There are liars and bad liars anywhere,and Yingluck belongs to the latter category.

Edited by janverbeem

She said Thaksin, and others in the group of 111 banned politicians of the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT), did not meddle in the affairs of the Pheu Thai Party, and she was ready to defend the party over the issue.

There you go. She's a liar. This is just an insult to people's intelligence.

No, of course they're merely flocking to Dubai in droves to pay hommage to "a former colleague" and worship at his feet, that's all.

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many times those same people have paid a harmless courtesy visit to their "former colleague" PRIOR to the election victory? Why is that apparently major pilgrimage ("SEVERAL GROUPS of PTP MPs") only taking place now? Aren't those people aware that they're bringing Yingluck into a quite slippery situation? Why the terrible timing? Couldn't a "courtesy visit" group tour wait until a later time? They surely must have expected that their hadj to Big Brother T so shortly after the election would not go unnoticed and give way to speculations, especially under the aspect that Big Brother has a penchant for always wanting to control everything and everyone.

It stinks. Yingluck can issue denials until she's blue in the face, but in the light of things speculations like this one will continue unless her older sibling can finally stay away from political meddling for good - which of course he cannot and never will.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif your not doubting the intelligence of Taksin supporters are you. Why shouldn't Taksins friends visit him if they want. It gets funnier and funnier watching Taksin and red supporters here defending their heroin and Hero. Well if it was not so serious that is.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif your not doubting the intelligence of Taksin supporters are you. Why shouldn't Taksins friends visit him if they want. It gets funnier and funnier watching Taksin and red supporters here defending their heroin and Hero. Well if it was not so serious that is.

It's just depressing to see how stupid they think the punters are.

I think Yingluck is totally unqualified to be PM of Thailand or possibly even mayor of Nakhon Nowhere, for that matter. But Thailand voted for her and will have her for awhile. Don't be too shocked but as she appears a cipher, at least her string puller has experience! I doubt she would have agreed to run if she thought she actually had to make serious decisions, don't you?

The only honest supporter of Thaksin was his pet rouge general, Seh Daeng. Then again look at what happened to him as soon as he started announcing that the rally would not end until Thaksin said it would end .....

A pretty face, a big smile, and wai forgives all.

To repeat the obvious from the election night -- government they deserve.

Why are all these bad comments re Dubai trip, Are you all jealous ? After all their hard work and election toil they deserve a break. An honest and fine bunch of fellows, who happened to get together to have a celebration knees up.:lol::bah:

Knowing they have a lot of hard work to do, getting all the poor rich in 6 months B)

Is it any wonder the Dems made the request to the EC to look into this?

"Bad losers", "poor sports": how can someone say that with this utter sham on display?

If you say the election was won using false pretenses, then it was illegally won.

If you say it was truth in advertising then it IS still illegal.

The absurdity on display is world class Orwellian and perfect for Camu.

With the request to the EC to investigate the role of banned politicians in Pheu Thai election campaign, having a bunch of NE MP's fly to say hello to k. Thaksin is circumstancial evidence at the most. It's AFTER the elections. Anyway Ms. Yingluck said 'she believed the trip was normal visit as they used to work together and it had nothing to do with the cabinet list, more likely personal visits with a former colleague'.

Mind you I might have assumed that those MPs could have given valuable input in the formation of a cabinet and how to 'people' it. Ms Yingluck 'reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties.'. Under the authority suggests party members and MP might be involved.

Ms. Yingluck is still very consistent I must admit. Here we have another 'still ample time', 'too early to talk about persons'. Well, as all studied members here know 'Rome wasn't build in a single day' :)

I don't know BUT

"

She reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties."

She does not say what country the list of possible Candidates for the cabinet came from.

She doesn't miss a chance to show that she is not in control. What she needs is one of those phones implanted in her ear so she can check with her brother before she opens her mouth.

Why did she just not say I will make the selections in due time. I am not going to just rush into it I am going to be going over each candidates record before I make MY choice. While that may not be true at least she would be making a public statement that she is the PM not her brother.

I think Yingluck is totally unqualified to be PM of Thailand or possibly even mayor of Nakhon Nowhere, for that matter. But Thailand voted for her and will have her for awhile. Don't be too shocked but as she appears a cipher, at least her string puller has experience! I doubt she would have agreed to run if she thought she actually had to make serious decisions, don't you?

The hardest decisions she will have to make are what color her finger nails are going to be.

The hardest decisions she will have to make are what color her finger nails are going to be.

Yep. She's brought the almost non-existent feminist movement in Thailand back a 100 years.

Edited by Jingthing

Of course not dear, we believe you. Not. She must have Gnats piss in her veins to allow herself to be humiliated like this. BTW, where are Bungalow Nights and the rest of the Yingluck groupies now? Cat got their tongue? Surely they realise that Thailand is the laughing stock of the world. Or maybe they really believe that the rest of the civilised world are as dumb as they are!

Perhaps the ''Iron lady'' has arrived in Thailand. This woman is nobody's fool.

Also (most importantly) she is entitled to 100 days of a ''grace'' or ''honeymoon'' period, is she not ??????

As with all things ''Time will tell''.

The only times that she makes a definite statement, it is a lie. And she can't even keep a straight face. Must be a family trait.

Expect nothing else.... in the lieing Khun_T's own words.... she's his 'clone'

The only times that she makes a definite statement, it is a lie. And she can't even keep a straight face. Must be a family trait.

Did she say, she was his clone ????

Don't think so.

Time moves on, and the world is a changing (for sure).

Did she say, she was his clone ????

Don't think so.

Time moves on, and the world is a changing (for sure).

Not sure what your point is, really. My point is that only a fool can't see through these charades..... read into that what you may or may not be capable of.