Yingluck: Elected Pheu Thai MPs' Meeting With Thaksin Not Related To Cabinet List

Lite Beer

It doesn't take a Nostradamus to predict that there is going to be stock in trade answers to everything she does not want to answer,or........... is not allowed to,

Until the Escapee/Criminal has given the OK, or new orders,so as to avoid conflicting Press Releases,from the Puppet Master.

Its too soon to say yet

Its too early to talk about

It hasn't been decided yet

Expect many more of similar answers, to straight forward questions

Political leaders flying to another country to meet a Thai fugitive, banned from Thai politics and wanted on terrorism charges again Thailand????!!!????

These leaders should be charged with crimes the minute they return to Thailand, including aiding and abetting.

Weren't the red shirt lovers on here always blasting Abhisit as a puppet? Well, looks like Thailand has another puppet PM. I was hoping so much from her, but the lies have already started. It will be interesting (to say the least) to see how this drama plays out over the next few months. But this is not good for the people of Thailand.

If she's not careful, the UDD will be fighting PT real soon.

JT: Right on. She's not qualified to be a PM.

For her own and future Cabinet crediblity, she has to pretend herself and the party are their own bosses (true democracy), but events like this fly in the face of all she says.

How long can the farce continue?

Long enough to provide considerable amusement, I trust, I always did enjoy a good farce ! :D

Interesting to note that the more strident vocal Red Shirt supporters are indeed conspicuous by their absence, could it be that the pre election stipends have dried up now the PTP are in power?

Storm cones are being hoisted as there is a storm brewing in the distance, I reckon within six months civil unrest will return due to Yingluck and the puppet master not being able or willing to accommodate each other and of course the terrorist factions in the new administration,

A country and its people are being led to self destruction by a renegade bail jumper in another country.

Interesting to note that the more strident vocal Red Shirt supporters are indeed conspicuous by their absence, could it be that the pre election stipends have dried up now the PTP are in power?

Storm cones are being hoisted as there is a storm brewing in the distance, I reckon within six months civil unrest will return due to Yingluck and the puppet master not being able or willing to accommodate each other and of course the terrorist factions in the new administration,

A country and its people are being led to self destruction by a renegade bail jumper in another country.

I think PTP/Thaksin apologists are busy building up enough RPMs on the spin machine to come up with some excuse or another....

Of course not dear, we believe you. Not. She must have Gnats piss in her veins to allow herself to be humiliated like this. BTW, where are Bungalow Nights and the rest of the Yingluck groupies now? Cat got their tongue? Surely they realise that Thailand is the laughing stock of the world. Or maybe they really believe that the rest of the civilised world are as dumb as they are!

Unfortunately, many had forgotten to read the pinned thread at the top of the news forum:

Please note that due to the high number of defamatory, abusive, insulting, trollish and inflammatory posts that a zero tolerance policy is being implemented until the election.

If you cannot refrain from posting slander, lies, rumors, defamation, insults, trolls or just posting to inflame other members then you will find your posting rights immediately suspended.

Please read the forum rules very carefully before posting as they will be strictly enforced in this forum.

http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

With the request to the EC to investigate the role of banned politicians in Pheu Thai election campaign, having a bunch of NE MP's fly to say hello to k. Thaksin is circumstancial evidence at the most. It's AFTER the elections. Anyway Ms. Yingluck said 'she believed the trip was normal visit as they used to work together and it had nothing to do with the cabinet list, more likely personal visits with a former colleague'.

Mind you I might have assumed that those MPs could have given valuable input in the formation of a cabinet and how to 'people' it. Ms Yingluck 'reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties.'. Under the authority suggests party members and MP might be involved.

Ms. Yingluck is still very consistent I must admit. Here we have another 'still ample time', 'too early to talk about persons'. Well, as all studied members here know 'Rome wasn't build in a single day' :)

I don't know BUT

"

She reiterated that the selection of cabinet ministers would be carried out within Thailand, under the authority of the Pheu Thai Party executive committee and coalition parties."

She does not say what country the list of possible Candidates for the cabinet came from.

She doesn't miss a chance to show that she is not in control. What she needs is one of those phones implanted in her ear so she can check with her brother before she opens her mouth.

Why did she just not say I will make the selections in due time. I am not going to just rush into it I am going to be going over each candidates record before I make MY choice. While that may not be true at least she would be making a public statement that she is the PM not her brother.

there are plenty of interviews thaksin gave before the election that show that he thinks he is the one in charge so asking thaksin what to say before speaking may not be such a good idea either.

Weren't the red shirt lovers on here always blasting Abhisit as a puppet? Well, looks like Thailand has another puppet PM. I was hoping so much from her, but the lies have already started. It will be interesting (to say the least) to see how this drama plays out over the next few months. But this is not good for the people of Thailand.

really you were hoping for things from her cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif and i thought I was naive. Anyone who has any doubt that shes not a 100% puppet must have some marbles loose. I must admit it has even surprised me how quickly Taksin is showing he has taken total control. I thught he might let pretence go on a little while by now.

Some interesting quotes from a local English language newspaper today:

Yinluck: "She said that the party has its own working panels to work out the policy and cabinet lineup".

In the same article: "Meanwhile, Gen Panlop Pinmanee said yesterday that Thaksin has assigned him to be deputy prime minister in charge of security". Further on when discussing possible defence minister... "However, Gen Panlop said that Thaksin seem to have other candidates in mind".

Edited by bapak

Or still sitting out their suspensions.

It doesn't take a Nostradamus to predict that there is going to be stock in trade answers to everything she does not want to answer,or........... is not allowed to,

Until the Escapee/Criminal has given the OK, or new orders,so as to avoid conflicting Press Releases,from the Puppet Master.

Its too soon to say yet

Its too early to talk about

It hasn't been decided yet

Expect many more of similar answers, to straight forward questions

Yes, this fits the bill of sale the public has bought.

really you were hoping for things from her cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif and i thought I was naive. Anyone who has any doubt that shes not a 100% puppet must have some marbles loose. I must admit it has even surprised me how quickly Taksin is showing he has taken total control. I thught he might let pretence go on a little while by now.

An ego so far out of control he doesn't care to bother with pretense of facade.

Just enough to protect his little sister and no more than needed.

She said Thaksin, and others in the group of 111 banned politicians of the now-disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT), did not meddle in the affairs of the Pheu Thai Party, and she was ready to defend the party over the issue.

There you go. She's a liar. This is just an insult to people's intelligence.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif your not doubting the intelligence of Taksin supporters are you. Why shouldn't Taksins friends visit him if they want. It gets funnier and funnier watching Taksin and red supporters here defending their heroin and Hero. Well if it was not so serious that is.

It's just depressing to see how stupid they think the punters are.

Don't you?

Yinluck: "She said that the party has its own working panels to work out the policy and cabinet lineup".

In the same article: "Meanwhile, Gen Panlop Pinmanee said yesterday that Thaksin has assigned him to be deputy prime minister in charge of security". Further on when discussing possible defence minister... "However, Gen Panlop said that Thaksin seem to have other candidates in mind".

It's really Orwellian, isn't it?

“"Doublethink" means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them”, seems to be indispensable to a PTP/Thaksin supporter.

NEW GOVERNMENT

Dubai talks not about Cabinet posts : Yingluck

By The Nation

Claims meeting of Thaksin and colleagues was personal

The Dubai meeting over the weekend had no linkage to the formation of a Cabinet, designate prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday, dismissing speculation about the involvement of her brother Thaksin Shinawatra in allocating Cabinet seats.

"I think the meeting was personal," she said in reference to the talks between Thaksin and Chart Thai Pattana chief adviser Banharn Silapa-archa.

A large group of allies, including Banharn, Yaowapha Wongsawat and her husband Somchai, paid a private visit to Dubai, which many saw as a bid to seek Thaksin's blessing on the ministerial quotas.

Banharn's trip coincided with reports about Pheu Thai's opposition to allocating two key portolios, Agriculture and Tourism, to his party.

But Yingluck insisted she would form her Cabinet in Bangkok and that she had not finalised her decision on the matter.

"As far as I know Banharn is being barred from meddling in politics," she said.

She said the Cabinet line-up should complete within one to two weeks after the endorsement of MPs-elect by the Election Commission, which is scheduled to begin tomorrow.

She reiterated her earlier remarks that she would pick qualified individuals from inside and outside her party.

In regard to her tentative meeting with chief royal adviser General Prem Tinsulanonda, she said she was willing to meet with all leading figures if the opportunity presents itself after the issuing of the royal command on her appointment as prime minister.

Reacting to Thaksin's remarks that her government should bring about reconciliation within two years, she said the reconciliation process should hinge on its completion by the Truth for Reconciliation Commission led by Kanit Na Nakorn.

She pledged her government's full cooperation with the commission to complete its job.

She said her priority at this juncture was to complete drafting her government's policy statement. Under the Constitution, the incoming government must seek and receive parliamentary approval of its policy statement before assuming office.

Pheu Thai MP-elect Snoh Thienthong said the policy draft was progressing satisfactorily with the translating of campaign platforms into government action plans.

In a related development, Chart Thai Pattana MP-elect Sanan Kachornprasart said he had no involvement in the allocation of Cabinet seats. Sanan said his party had designated its leader Chumpol Silapa-archa to negotiate the ministerial quotas.

Sanan made his remarks in the face of intense horse-trading negotiations among coalition partners.

He said he was taking a rest to regain his strength after a long campaign trail, dismissing rumours that he was lobbying for a vice ministerial portfolio for his son Siriwat.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-11

"I think the meeting was personal," she said in reference to the talks between Thaksin and Chart Thai Pattana chief adviser Banharn Silapa-archa.

So P.M. designate you are not actually being informed as to what is happening within your colleagues parties, strange situation for one who is supposed to be holding the reins of power and trying to form a functioning coalition administration is it not

As far as I know Banharn is being barred from meddling in politics," she said.

That madam is a fact not a possibility Banharn is a barred politician , We can only presumes by your comment that you are indeed an ill informed person

A tremendous amount of, "I think" from the lady.

Possibly it is my brother thinks I am not allowed to think says the P.M. designate?

It gets more and more obvious that she is not in control, and that the Boss is in Dubai. So, why not name HIM as the Prime Minister, and stop this farce? They really think that Thai people are dumb and can not see how ridiculous this situation is....

So P.M. designate you are not actually being informed as to what is happening within your colleagues parties, strange situation for one who is supposed to be holding the reins of power and trying to form a functioning coalition administration is it not

As far as I know Banharn is being barred from meddling in politics," she said.

That madam is a fact not a possibility Banharn is a barred politician , We can only presumes by your comment that you are indeed an ill informed person

A tremendous amount of, "I think" from the lady.

Possibly it is my brother thinks I am not allowed to think says the P.M. designate?

Thaksin thinks. Yingluck does.

For her own and future Cabinet crediblity, she has to pretend herself and the party are their own bosses (true democracy), but events like this fly in the face of all she says.

Long enough to provide considerable amusement, I trust, I always did enjoy a good farce ! :D

Next May the ban on the 111 MPs will end, I expect Thaksin will replace her with one of them. The PM has to be an MP so someone will have to sacrifice his or her constituency seat for the prospective PM.

Next May the ban on the 111 MPs will end, I expect Thaksin will replace her with one of them. The PM has to be an MP so someone will have to sacrifice his or her constituency seat for the prospective PM.

There may even be another election around that time especially if PTP feel they need a renewed mandate to stop attempts to thwart their policies. Time now is very much on their side

Yeah that is a good one. They need to get all of their members on the same page of the play book. Or maybe they have not given out the rewritten version yet.

NATIONAL

I did meet Thaksin in Brunei but we didn't talk politics: Banharn

By The Nation

Published on July 12, 2011

Chart Thai Pattana Party heavyweight Banharn Silapa-archa admitted yesterday he had met fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra briefly in Brunei.

Banharn, a former prime minister who once led the party when it was known as Chart Thai, said he met Thaksin for a little over an hour when he was in Brunei to examine white tigers to be brought to a zoo in his home province of Suphan Buri.

"I met him for about an hour before we had a meal together. We exchanged greetings and the former prime minister gave me a warm welcome. He smiled and seemed to be happy. But we did not talk politics," Banharn said.

"When he was in Dubai, it was too far. It was a seven-hour flight [from Thailand]. But Brunei is just a two-hour flight away. I happened to be in Brunei at that time to examine white tigers," he said.

Banharn said Thaksin had told him he expected Pheu Thai to win as many as 320 out of the 500 House seats up for grabs in the election. "I was shocked and told him if Pheu Thai won 320, there would be nothing much left for other political parties."

The veteran politician also said Thaksin asked him to take care of Thaksin's younger sister and prime minister-elect Yingluck. He responded that many Pheu Thai people were already taking a good care of her.

Banharn denied he tried to negotiate for coveted Cabinet seats for his party during his meeting with Thaksin.

Meanwhile, Thaksin's sister Yingluck Shinawatra, who is expected to become the next prime minister after her Pheu Thai Party won the July 3 general election, declined to comment yesterday on who should be the next speaker in the House of Representatives. She said only that the new speaker and two deputies were all expected to come from Pheu Thai.

Yingluck also said that she had talked to Thaksin but insisted it was just a talk between siblings - and he had not give her political advice.nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-12

Three paragraphs from the new Nation article. No comment, just wondering :ermm:

"I met him for about an hour before we had a meal together. We exchanged greetings and the former prime minister gave me a warm welcome. He smiled and seemed to be happy. But we did not talk politics," Banharn said.

Banharn said Thaksin had told him he expected Pheu Thai to win as many as 320 out of the 500 House seats up for grabs in the election. "I was shocked and told him if Pheu Thai won 320, there would be nothing much left for other political parties."

Yingluck also said that she had talked to Thaksin but insisted it was just a talk between siblings - and he had not give her political advice.

PS in 1977 during Pink Floyd's 'Animals' tour I have seen with my very own eyes, PIGS CAN FLY :)

Edited by rubl