Taxi'S, Travel Agents And Hotel Booking Websites.

livwire68

Hello I am Coy from the US. I had a couple questions for those with more knowledge. I will be going to Thailand approx. the first week of september. First Is it better to get a travel agent or get plane tickets on my own? Secondly, what is the best way to get to Sriracha from BKK, taxi? Thirdly, I have been looking at hotels in Sriracha and was wondering if the booking websites were good and reliable (Agoda & sawadee.com). I am looking at 3 different hotels in the area and need to say in sriracha. Jasmine resort, laemtong hotel and pacific park. I am looking for value and quality (a happy medium). And would it be in my benifit to have my Thai friend book the room, I notice some places charge more for non thai residents. Any info you can provide would be of great help!

Thanks

Coy in Las Vegas

Hello, Coy. My parents live near Vegas (Pahrump). I bet it's hot there now!!

I've traveled back and forth several times a year from there to here for many years. For airfare, it's best to use all the resources you can. Search all the websites you can (Kayak, Expedia, Bing, etc) and get quotes from all the agents you can.

I can't remember the exact street, but I am pretty sure it is on Decatur and somewhere near Spring Mountain. It's on the SE corner on a major cross street. There is a Thai grocery store there. They have an English/Thai language paper that lists travel agents who specialize in tickets to Thailand. Most are based in LA. I got some great deals from them in the past.

As far as hotels, most of the deals for Thais require a Thai ID. And sometimes, if there is a foreigner, the deal is off.

Another good place to look for hotels is latestays.com and res24.com.

Have fun!!

To go from Bangkok to Sriracha, just take a bus from the eastern bus terminal (Ekamai) in Bangkok, leaving very frequently throughout the day. The public transport system is very well developed in Thailand, no need to take taxis for long distances.

To go from Bangkok to Sriracha, just take a bus from the eastern bus terminal (Ekamai) in Bangkok, leaving very frequently throughout the day. The public transport system is very well developed in Thailand, no need to take taxis for long distances.

Very good advice keestha. But "The public transport system is very well developed in Thailand..."??? As compared to where, Somalia or Kazakhstan? :rolleyes:

Very good advice keestha. But "The public transport system is very well developed in Thailand..."??? As compared to where, Somalia or Kazakhstan? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, much better than in the US!

Hello all Thanks for the replies! I think I now have all the main things booked, Flight- directly through the airlines just as cheap as anything else I found, Hotel through agoda. I will be arriving late so bus is out, but have two possible taxi services one through the hotel and one that is independent and mentioned on this site. Once again thank you all and now I can relax a little before planning specifics.

And unfortunately, MUCH better than in Australia

And unfortunately, MUCH better than in Australia