Chiang Mai Immigration - 90 Day Report By Post

Wentworth

I've just renewed my 90 Day Report at Chiang Mai Immigration by post for the first time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm of the understanding that you can submit the report a week either side of the Due Date. There were some difficulties and credit to them as they called me, but thankfully the slip arrived today, which is a week after the Due Date - I was on my starting blocks to drive up there; thankfully I don't have to go now.

In trying to avoid the worry as above in the future, does anyone know how long before the Due Date that Immigration are happy with - I'm thinking of sending the next one about 2 weeks before the Due Date, giving myself a 3 week window?

Before a previous 90 Day Trip, I called Immigration as there was a public holiday for the Due Date. I was finding it difficult to go beforehand, but they told me not to worry, come after the Due Date as they give a week's grace.

90 day reporting by mail requires send your passport, doesn't it?

Comfy with that? I was too shy to do this up to now.

They want a copy of your Passport with the photo/personal details page and your present Visa. Also, one copy of the new 90 Day Report along with the original slip giving the existing 90 Day Due Date.

Chiang Mai Immigration were very good, when they sent the slip back they included a spare blank 90 Day Report for the next time. I had to send the info twice and they also returned the unused Self Addressed Envelope.

Big Thumbs Up, Well Done and Thank You to Chiang Mai Immigration. Just wondering, is there a particular route to give positive feedback to Chiang Mai Immigration?

Chiang Mai Immigration were very good, when they sent the slip back they included a spare blank 90 Day Report for the next time. I had to send the info twice and they also returned the unused Self Addressed Envelope.

Big Thumbs Up, Well Done and Thank You to Chiang Mai Immigration. Just wondering, is there a particular route to give positive feedback to Chiang Mai Immigration?

This is their webiste: http://chiangmaiimm.com/

At the bottom you find an email address.

This is their webiste: http://chiangmaiimm.com/

At the bottom you find an email address.

Many thanks, just sent them a message.

How far from Chiang Mai are you ? might be handy to know for those living a long way away. Also wise to photo copy all the immigration forms, never know when you mind need one !

How far from Chiang Mai are you ? might be handy to know for those living a long way away. Also wise to photo copy all the immigration forms, never know when you mind need one !

I live about an hour and 20 minutes from Chiang Mai Immigration.

Immigration forms can be downloaded from the immigration webiste and from Thaivisa webiste.

Be sure to print double sided, not on 2 seperate papers when printing a document with more than 1 page.

I have sent my papers without being double sided....I think that that is rumour requirement from those who have never tried it or assumed that this is a requirement. it is totally unnecessary..

Over numerous times, I have photocopied my passport, plus visa extension authority, including the 90 day report and sent off the original 90 day report document accompanied by the TM 47 by EMS. To date I have always received back the new 90 day report document within 10 days and I have retained that for my passport.

Never had a problem.

Could the OP kindly list the exact address for CM Immigation that he sent his TM47 to?

Thanks in advance. :jap:

I will quote two addresses here, take your pick;

1. I used this to send my documents - I found it on the official 'Chiang Mai Immigration' leaflet.

Chiang Mai Immigration

71 Moo 3,

Sanambin Road,

T. Suthep,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200

2. This is from the stamp that Immigration put on the front of the envelope when they returned my slip with the next reporting date.

Chiang Mai Immigration

71 Sanambin Rd,

T. Suthep,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200

Thailand

Going to do my first 90 report in person soon, what do I need to bring?? Just my passport?

Thanks much....

You'll need the following:

1. The actual torn-off slip from your previous 90 Day Report (TM 47) that shows the next reporting date.

2. One copy of a newly completed TM47.

3. One copy of each of the following from your passport:

• Your Photo.
  • Personal Details eg Full Name and Date of Birth (They're usually on the same page as the photo, so this should save on copying).
  • Your Present Visa.

4. As with most officialdom you'll have to sign the different photocopies.

Don't worry - just in case you didn't know, there's a place to photocopy, which is to the left of the immigration office, presuming you are looking at the main entrance. There are always lots of blank copies of the different forms available in the main office, it you have a 'Senior Moment' when completing the form. So, it's easier and quicker if you prepare(Remember the 7 P's) but you can do it all there if you want or need to.

Hope this helps.

Isn't the requirement if 90 day report mailed in at least 7 days in advance and if in person 7 days in advance or 7 days after.

This has been a much discussed subject regarding the amount of time "before and after" applying for a 90 day report using form TM 47.

According to the Royal Thai Police Regulation which was amended a long time ago and is currently in line with the head of Chiang Mai immigration's statement....the official "before and after" timescale of 90 day reporting is 15 days before and 7 days after.

I hope that this dispels all rumours and heresay on this forum.

If you are unsure ...just speak with the head of immigration to confirm the requirements. I only wish to pass on what I have experienced first hand for a number of years.

Regards

Edited by Raindancer

Isn't the requirement if 90 day report mailed in at least 7 days in advance and if in person 7 days in advance or 7 days after.

This has been a much discussed subject regarding the amount of time "before and after" applying for a 90 day report using form TM 47.

According to the Royal Thai Police Regulation which has been amended and is now in line with the head of Chiang Mai immigration....the official "before and after" timescale of 90 day reporting is 15 days before and 7 days after.

If you are unsure ...just speak with the head of immigration to confirm the requirements. I only wish to pass on what I have experienced first hand.

Regards

Just what I was looking for - Very Grateful.

Going to do my first 90 report in person soon, what do I need to bring?? Just my passport?

Thanks much....

After you've completed the Form TM 47 just take it ,with your Passport ,to the photo copy girl and she knows exactly what copies you need. No need for you to worry about that yourself. Then you get your queue ticket at the back of the room from the guy who likes to give you the once over, and wait for your number to appear. They work fast.

According to the Royal Thai Police Regulation which has been amended and is now in line with the head of Chiang Mai immigration....the official "before and after" timescale of 90 day reporting is 15 days before and 7 days after.

If you are unsure ...just speak with the head of immigration to confirm the requirements. I only wish to pass on what I have experienced first hand.

Regards

Just what I was looking for - Very Grateful.

Well,it doesn't exactly dispel all rumour and hearsay as your succinct and tidy summary doesn't distinguish between applying in person and applying by registered post. I'd always believed that ,by post, it had to be 7 days before. "rumour or hearsay", I don't know.

Thanks much....

After you've completed the Form TM 47 just take it ,with your Passport ,to the photo copy girl and she knows exactly what copies you need. No need for you to worry about that yourself. Then you get your queue ticket at the back of the room from the guy who likes to give you the once over, and wait for your number to appear. They work fast.

Why not just post it by EMS.....They have never failed to issue and return the new 90 day report. Saves queuing and clogging up the small immigration office, full of other applicants for various visas and extensions etc. :-) EMS only costs 37/38 baht, including the SAE ( stamped addressed envelope) to return it to you

Regards

Thanks much....

Why not just post it by EMS.....They have never failed to issue and return the new 90 day report. Saves queuing and clogging up the small immigration office, full of other applicants for various visas and extensions etc. :-) EMS only costs 37/38 baht, including the SAE ( stamped addressed envelope) to return it to you

Regards

Yes, I used it and no problems. I knew you could do it by post but until now have done shopping etc, so I never really worried too much about queuing. However, I was usually in and out within max 30 minutes, sometimes straight away. The last visit meant hours. The staff encouraged me to post it the next time and of course it does help with petrol costs and as you say, not clogging up the main area. It's just a pity we can't do this sort of thing online.