Chiang Mai Immigration - 90 Day Report By Post

Wentworth

Isn't the requirement if 90 day report mailed in at least 7 days in advance and if in person 7 days in advance or 7 days after.

This has been a much discussed subject regarding the amount of time "before and after" applying for a 90 day report using form TM 47.

According to the Royal Thai Police Regulation which has been amended and is now in line with the head of Chiang Mai immigration....the official "before and after" timescale of 90 day reporting is 15 days before and 7 days after.

I hope that this dispels all rumours and heresay on this forum.

If you are unsure ...just speak with the head of immigration to confirm the requirements. I only wish to pass on what I have experienced first hand.

Regards

Just what I was looking for - Very Grateful.

Well,it doesn't exactly dispel all rumour and hearsay as your succinct and tidy summary doesn't distinguish between applying in person and applying by registered post. I'd always believed that ,by post, it had to be 7 days before. "rumour or hearsay", I don't know.

Up to you Sir. I have tried it and it works. I was referring to both systems of postal and reporting in person. As I said .....It ( the postal system) has never failed for me. But to expand upon my previous post , I have always sent my postal application within 10 days of expiry to allow for workload of the office and any forthcoming Thai holidays , which may have occurred around the time of my application and expiry date. Also if you apply well before the expiry date, you actually lose the days before your expiry, based upon the receipt of your application.

But in reality, does it really matter if you lose a few days to your next 90 day reporting period, if you are saved the journey and waiting time of hanging around the immigration office. It is a trade off that I am willing to accept.

I hope that this clarifies my statement

Regards

Immigration expects the 90 day report bewteen 7 days before and 7 days after the actual reporting day.

Some immigration offices have started to accept reports up to 14 days before the due date and some only accept reports after the due date if you apply in person. (This last doesn't seem to be the case in CM).

Immigration expects the 90 day report bewteen 7 days before and 7 days after the actual reporting day.

Some immigration offices have started to accept reports up to 14 days before the due date and some only accept reports after the due date if you apply in person. (This last doesn't seem to be the case in CM).

Hi Mario

I have experienced different timings to those you quote....So I will bow out of this topic until someone comes up with clear evidence to the contrary. As I stated in my answer, my own experience is real and has worked in discussions with head of Chiang Mai Immigration and his staff.

So your post is somewhat confusing( Quote ("This last doesn't seem to be the case in CM)"unquote..

We are talking of Chiang Mai immigration and not "quote ' "some immigration offices". Maybe i have misunderstood your post.

The subject is about Chiang Mai immigration office.

Regards

It is good that you can confirm that CM now also accepts two weeks before the due date. I wasn't sure about that, as there is not much experience with the relevantly new rule. It isn't advertised an many people are unaware.

(the official immigration webiste still gives 7 days before to 7 days after).

("This last doesn't seem to be the case in CM)" relates to not being able to send by post if after the due date.

It is good that you can confirm that CM now also accepts two weeks before the due date. I wasn't sure about that, as there is not much experience with the relevantly new rule. It isn't advertised an many people are unaware.

(the official immigration webiste still gives 7 days before to 7 days after).

("This last doesn't seem to be the case in CM)" relates to not being able to send by post if after the due date.

Thanks for your reply .....If you post your application that is received and falls outside the due date.....I believe you will face the daily fines of late reporting.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply from the OP re: mailing address.

When I went to CM Imm 2 weeks ago for another matter (see thread regarding online queue reservations) I made a point of stopping at the 90 day reporting window to get the exact info on mail (post to the Brits) reporting.

Below is the leaflet they pass out for those who wish to do by post.

The officer told me that they want 90 day reporting by post to be mailed in two weeks before the due date.

So if you you have a due date of 1 October, post it around 15 September via registered mail.

post-23786-0-56773100-1311951927_thumb.j

BTW, if you just re-entered Thailand, you don't need the old TM47 paper. On re-entry, the 90 day clock starts again. Just the copies of departure card and most recent entry stamp, along with current visa/extension and facepage. And the self-addressed stamped envelope, of course.