Chilling Out !

niagarekoja

As a regular visitor to Phuket, mainly Patong having made 15 visits of between 4 and 12 weeks at a time over the last 6 years.

I enjoy the night life but at times find I would just like to go to a nice quietish bar where the company is good and relax. Patong area.

No “you buy me drink” and no load music, drowning out every bodies conversation out. And no not even pool etc

Any body got any good recommendations in Patong that meet these criteria? Or is this an impossibility?

Where do you go? When you want to get away from it? :o

go right to the end of bangla road, away from beach, last boozer on your right i believe.

sorry cant remember name, but its open fronted corner bar i think with big comfy bamboo chairs... cant miss it, very relaxing.

PS - if its not there anymore, my appologies it was a year ago since i was there :o

try the savvy, ( savoey hotel and rest. ) beach end of bangla, never miss a night there, good time at dusk sat out on the bar by the road, good beer, good bar staff and company, someone always stops when walking past and pop's in for a beverage, you'll always see me there between hours of 5-7pm :o:D and maybe rio if he's not sunburnt :D

If you want quiet....... get out of Patong! Head to Kata or Rawai.

Ska Bar on Kata beach is lovely. Right on the beach and VERY chilled out. Same goes for Nikita's Bar, Rawai........ seafront & chilled out. Tamarind Bar at Chalong Harbour..... seafront and chilled.

Laem Singh beach, north of Kamala, is fabulous but too precarious to leave at night.... best in the afternoon.....

:o

As a regular visitor to Phuket, mainly Patong  having made 15 visits of between 4 and 12 weeks  at a time over the last 6 years.

I enjoy the night life but at times find I would just like to go to a nice quietish bar where the company is good and relax. Patong area.

No “you buy me drink” and no load music, drowning out every bodies conversation out. And no not even pool etc

Any body got any good recommendations in Patong that meet these criteria? Or is this an impossibility?

Where do you go? When you want to get away from it?  :o

Shipwreck bar on bangla rd has no girls working it , just only waitress's or the irish pub across the way is nice.

On Nanai.. Offshore Bar run by Ian and big Gary.. Nice afternooner place and busy with darts / pool nights.. Gone a bit quiet lately as Gary is offshore..

Beach house bar, just opened on Nanai after refurb / refit.. Ozzie owned big comfy sofa seats.. Nice pace and pleasant owner..

Valhalla.. hidden away from Bangla, girls popping in for saunas and swims, serious sessions get started here but its good fun and relaxed..

Scottys on Sai Nam Yen can be worth a daytime beer..

As a regular visitor to Phuket, mainly Patong  having made 15 visits of between 4 and 12 weeks  at a time over the last 6 years.

Where do you go? When you want to get away from it?  :o

the tipsy prawn in nani rd across the road from sun hill very quiet but nice bar good food