Udon Thani To Chiang Khan

siamdivers

I could only find some pretty old (well over a year) posts on Udon. Going up from my home in Phuket, going to drive from Udon to Chiang Khan and need one night in Udon to wait for my buddy. Then we'll rent a car and drive up to CK. Any advice for a nice southern boy for places to stay and / or entertainment.

Is the Irish Clock still a good place to stay? http://www.irishclockudonthani.com/

One night in Udon, any trouble to be had around?

Any advice on Chiang Khan? Thanks in advance. Would love to hear from people who live there, would happily return the favor.

I live in Australia but I have stayed at the Irish Clock really nice place.

Chaing Khan is a nice little place on the Meekong not far from where my wife is from Loei.

It is a nice drive from Udon to Chaing Khan along the Meekong very scenic.

Enjoy your selves

the problem with the clock that I had was I emailed for an opening,never heard back,that was in 2008,when steve had it.

Anyway if ya have problems contact topmansion A 1/2 minute walk from the clock.I believe around 375 baht A night.

the problem with the clock that I had was I emailed for an opening,never heard back,that was in 2008,when steve had it.

Anyway if ya have problems contact topmansion A 1/2 minute walk from the clock.I believe around 375 baht A night.

Great, thanks for all of the above. Yes, I found the Lek's car rental link, they seem good and very reasonable, 1100 THB for a Honda City. How it should be. :-)

Seems as if the guesthouses are the way forward as well, as the Centara seems to have gone downhill since they took over the management. I find that to be typical with that company. Oh well.

Thanks again, should be fun!

John

Seems as if the guesthouses are the way forward as well, as the Centara seems to have gone downhill since they took over the management. I find that to be typical with that company. Oh well.

John

The Centara is currently closed till mid-December for a complete refurbishment as part of the new Central Complex to be opened next year.

Irish Clock now has a new manager in Trevor since October last year......it has live music twice a week and Indian curries on the menu.

Top Mansion,as mentioned,in a good location and also the City Lodge just a couple of minutes walk from Soi Sampan.

• 2 weeks later...

Great, thanks for all of the above. Yes, I found the Lek's car rental link, they seem good and very reasonable, 1100 THB for a Honda City. How it should be. :-)

John

I have stayed at the Top Mansion twice now, once in April and once in July . Rooms are spotlessly clean with all usual facilities. Good aircons as well. Staff are efficient and friendly and speak some reasonable English. Rate is 370 baht per night but you will need to book early as their rooms are most often full!

They also have a secure carpark if you have a vehicle. You can't beat the location as it is a hop step and jump to the Irish Clock and other eateries and bars.biggrin.gif And a 5 minute walk to the Central shopping centre.

Details are as follows.

Email [email protected]

Telephone 0423450159 and 0879238383

Hope this helps you.

Edited by tlcwaterfall