Where To Find Lemon Juice?

english_farang_lady

The bigger the lime the juicier it is. Another trick is to roll the lime around on the table while pushing down on it with your hand before cutting it and juicing. This releases alot of the juice and makes it easier to juice the lime.

I just read recently that if you warm the lime or lemon before cutting and squeezing you will get twice as much juice. They even suggest dropping in boiling water for a bit.

I had a half lime I nuked a few seconds, seemed to work pretty good, but dropping in boiling water might be better.

I've always done like SBK suggested, just roll on the counter.

They do have a lime very similar to a bearss limes in the states which are seedless.and have more juice.

In some things lime juice just doesn't cut it. need that lemon juice.

My local Foodland (a medium-sized supermarket chain) here in Bangkok) sells real, whole, yellow lemons usually in a pack of two or three. They may be imported? (Thais call limes, those small, green pithy things, best used in a gin & tonic or mojito, lemons in English so it gets confusing. Not sure what they call lemons? Of course the oranges are green too!) Anyway look in a larger grocery store or supermarket, then squeeze enough for your recipe. Many baked goods requiring lemon juice also call for some zest too so a whole lemon is useful. I wish I had an oven, I'd be making some lemon squares right about now.

Not sure what they call lemons?

Lime is manow kwai

Lemon is manow nomyahn

If I'm reading my thai dictionary correctly. :o

We have limes growing in our backyard but they are really odd looking. About the same size and color but very large bumps all over them. My wife picked some and said she was going to wash her hair with them. Why?

Edited by tywais

Those are kaffir limes. The leaves are used in Tom Yum and lots of other dishes. Kaffir lime juice makes the hair very shiny. But she'll probably have to squeeze alot of limes as they don't seem very juicy.

• 2 weeks later...