Wrong Stamp

I am on a "One Year Extension" stay stamp with a multiple Re-entry permit.

The question I would like is this.

Assuming that I am returning back to Thailand, the Immigration Officer

is too busy to check and he gives me a "30" days stamp instead.

Can I rectify the mistake there and then or do I have to go back

to Cheang Wattana to do it.

If so, do I have to pay and fill up certain forms and etc.

Please kindly advise.

Thanking you all in advance.

From reading of others experiences and the effort involved; it is worth knowing what stamp/date you are expecting and look at your passport before moving away from the desk. It takes little to hand your passport over open at the right page and say "Retirement Visa" etc.

Saves the "hard pressed" immigration official from making a mistake and loosing face.

Some time back I had that happen to me. On an extension of stay for retirement with multiple entry and was stamped for 30 days when I returned from a trip to the US. I checked my stamp before leaving the immigration counter pointed out that I was on an extension of stay and he corrected it for me on the spot.

I always check after receiving my passport back from the Immigration Officer. I always hand my passport to the officer with the Arrival card in the pages where my Re-entry permit is, so he or she cannot miss it.

Put you entry card on the page where your visa is and be sure to put the visa number on the entry card.

Reckon not the "visa number," my last actual visa was back in 1998, been on retirement extensions since then.

On the Arrival Card I enter: Re-Entry Permit No. xx-xxxx

That works, with "Re-Entry Permit in large letters.

Even so, did have one Immigration gal at Nong Khai stamp me for 30 days, I was rushed and didn't check until that evening back home. Down to Suan Plu, at the time, for the FREE correction of Permit to Stay.

Next trip to Vientiane that same gal was at the Nong Khai exit booth, noticed the correction, and remarked Oops...., with a smile.

Mac

Some time back I had that happen to me. On an extension of stay for retirement with multiple entry and was stamped for 30 days when I returned from a trip to the US. I checked my stamp before leaving the immigration counter pointed out that I was on an extension of stay and he corrected it for me on the spot.

I do that but still they made the mistake of stamping 30 days two times in the last years..last time was just some weeks ago at swampy, The girl just pulled the entry card out and was,nt even looking where she pulled it from and did,nt even notice the visa number then gave me a real nasty look when i pointed her mistake out to her.

I do that but still they made the mistake of stamping 30 days two times in the last years..last time was just some weeks ago at swampy, The girl just pulled the entry card out and was,nt even looking where she pulled it from and did,nt even notice the visa number then gave me a real nasty look when i pointed her mistake out to her.

That seems to be the standard procedure at airports and probably also at land border entry points.

1. Remove the arrival card, if it was inserted in the passport.
  2. Read the passport's chip or swipe the machine-readable code.
  3. Read the information on the computer screen.
  4. Read the arrival card.
  5. Look for the visa or re-entry permit, if such was indicated on the arrival card.
  6. Enter arrival data in the computer.
  7. Put the corresponding arrival stamp in the passport.
  8. Stamp the arrival and departure cards
  9. Staple the departure card to the passport page with the arrival stamp.
  10. Hand the passport back to the traveller.