Iranian Arrested At Suvarnabhumi Airport With 15 Kilos Of 'ice'

webfact

Iranian arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport with 15 kilos of ‘ice’

image_2011071318294323427756-D0F0-1273-DDEA3CFAA71F09D0.JPG

BANGKOK: -- An Iranian man was arrested Tuesday at Suvarnabhumi Airport for smuggling 15 kilos of crystal methamphetamine, or ‘ice,’ worth Bt 50 million (US$1.6 million) into the kingdom, a senior Thai customs officer said on Wednesday.

The contraband was found in two boxes containing artwork with a surprising twist.

One lot of ‘ice’ was sculpted into a modern art bas relief wall plaque for exhibition, while the other contained ‘ice’ appeared to be an elaborate picture frame.

Wisan Wuthisaksilp, Principle Advisor on Development of the Customs Control System, told a press briefing that 28-year-old Iranian Safi Zadeh Hossein was apprehended in the arrival terminal of Thailand’s main international airport Tuesday night.

Mr Hossein flew Qatar Airways from Damascus, Syria, and changed flights at Doha, Qatar before landing in Thailand at 7.10pm.

Matching the information received from the source, customs officials stopped the suspected drug courier and searched his baggage.

Customs officers found the artistically-crafted ice hidden in two boxes with a total weight of 15.3 kg with a possible street value of Bt50 million ($1.6 million).

The suspect was charged with possessing illicit drugs for resale and illegally bringing them into Thailand.

Mr Hossein will be handed over to the police for further legal procedures. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-07-14

"Time for a good ole' fashion hangin' boys..." said the sheriff as he tilted his hat back, wiping his face in the hot Nevada desert sun. Perched on their horses next to the only tree for miles, the posse, looking at the accused on his horse with his hands tied behind his back, were all thinking the same thing...We need to get rid of this scum once and for all.

Edited by TeddyFlyfisherDavis

"Time for a good ole' fashion hangin' boys..." said the sheriff as he tilted his hat back, wiping his face in the hot Nevada desert sun. Perched on their horses next to the only tree for miles, the posse, looking at the accused on his horse with his hands tied behind his back, were all thinking the same thing...We need to get rid of this scum once and for all.

"Gonna need a whole lotta rope sherriff, these ice boys just keep a comin'. Guess word ain't gittin' around these parts" :ph34r:

Edited by ratcatcher

"Gonna need a whole lotta rope sherriff, these ice boys just keep a comin'. Guess word ain't gittin' around these parts" :ph34r:

One more addition to the continuing saga of "Ice Boys and The Slippery Meth Gang" Chapter 2..."We keep slipping up' "....hahaahha Thanks 'rat catcher' That is how I "really" feel....Just get a rope and find a nice tree...No need for a trial...We already know they are guilty...no need to spend any money...Just " gitter' duuunnn".

Edited by TeddyFlyfisherDavis

With these repeated stories of Iranians getting arrested with very large quantities of ice, makes you wonder how much is getting through on a regular basis. Must be many many kilos every week. Next time you go to a Thai club, have a look around at the "party people", quite a few of them will be on it. Whatever happened to good old "yaa baa" at about 1/10th of the price?

That's the way, bring as much of America with you when you move to Thailand or is it Cambodia.

That's the way, bring as much of America with you when you move to Thailand or is it Cambodia.

I hear a bitter tone...I hate drug dealers bud...Will be living in Cambodia and starting a boat building bizz...Traveling to Thailand alot also...

:jap: :jap: - yawn! how unoriginal -

well said shanahan!

I find it interesting that they publicly bust them at the airport rather than tracking them to their final destination.

Perhaps they are concerned that "A person of influence" could suffer a touch of embarrassment; nahhhhhh?

To think that 15 kilos of death and destruction can be worth $1.6 million.

Silly silly humans..

And yes, please hang them.

I understand your way of thinking and that's human nature,

but what if you have 3 babies,one sick need operation,but no money for the operation....

then a friend offers a quick money job....

and all friends couldn't borow money ...

Would you do it or not??

I totally agree that people like this needs to be punished in one way or another(i am not god to decide hang or live neither you)

but somtimes there's more behind the scenes in cases like this.Then a despered father choosed the wrong thing to do....everyone makes mistakes,big ones,small ones and the ones we can't turn back.

Respect and peace.

I find it interesting that they publicly bust them at the airport rather than tracking them to their final destination.

Perhaps they are concerned that "A person of influence" could suffer a touch of embarrassment; nahhhhhh?

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

While I am not advocating drug use or drug commerce, we must not forget that drug prices are kept artificially high by the ' big boys' ( usually the ones who happen to ' fight' drugs...) in order to make huge profits.Legalize ALL drugs, and the problem will be solved on the spot.Maybe the problem are the ones who try to fight the' problem'...

While I am not advocating drug use or drug commerce, we must not forget that drug prices are kept artificially high by the ' big boys' ( usually the ones who happen to ' fight' drugs...) in order to make huge profits.Legalize ALL drugs, and the problem will be solved on the spot.Maybe the problem are the ones who try to fight the' problem'...

Legalizing meth, heroin, angel dust etc. truly is not a good idea...that will serve no purpose what so ever...What do you mean by "artificially high"...? not clear on that one...Who are the "big boys"...? FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF...?

"tracking them to their final destination" Do you really think the Thai police/customs are capable of such a thing? Without being spotted? In this case all they had to do was wait for the man at arrival as they had been tipped off that he was coming.

All drugs will cause brain damage if abused enough - in most cases over long time - but usually ones body will recover and depending on which drug is being used/abused, it can be after a relatively short period - like heroin or coke - and longer for some - like LSD, ketamine, amphetamine. But why is it that the people using this "ICE" don't realize/or even care if they do know, that even after a short time of use, this one in particular, starts to cause irreversible/irreparable brain damage and if really abused over a long time, a user can never get back to living any sort of normal life. ICE is one of the most damaging of all drugs out there. Maybe "because it is totally synthetic" - I'm no chemist so I don't pretend to know the reasons for this, but you sure don't have to be a chemist to see all the "brain fried results" walking(barely in some cases) around out there. ICE completely destroys the pleasure center part of our brain too. Many of the few, who do manage to recover to a relatively normal life, still suffer the loss of their pleasure center, so can never feel complete again. There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of these Iranian couriers though. Hardly a week goes by, without an arrest. As some here speculate and I have to agree with them, how much in reality, of this poison still gets through the system and on to the streets? A lot more than is being seized by Customs and Police, that's for sure. Another thing I can't understand, is how can it be che My own thoughts are that "the authorities" should parade some of the worst cases - the really sick ones I mean - through all the school class rooms for all kids from the age of 10 or 12 years upwards, to let them have a really good look at what the results of using this shit will do to you. They all need to be shocked - really scared - and just maybe, that could save a few of them. Just telling kids "DON'T DO IT" never worked back in my time, it even gave some an incentive to try whatever it was out - and I'm sure that has not changed in the time since! If I had been forced back then, to watch a guy screaming his heart out, while peeing pus into a bowl, I would have had "good cause" to use condoms a lot more often too...........

Edited by newtronbom

All drugs will cause brain damage if abused enough - in most cases over long time - but usually ones body will recover and depending on which drug is being used/abused, it can be after a relatively short period - like heroin or coke - and longer for some - like LSD, ketamine, amphetamine. But why is it that the people using this "ICE" don't realize/or even care if they do know, that even after a short time of use, this one in particular, starts to cause irreversible/irreparable brain damage and if really abused over a long time, a user can never get back to living any sort of normal life. ICE is one of the most damaging of all drugs out there. Maybe "because it is totally synthetic" - I'm no chemist so I don't pretend to know the reasons for this, but you sure don't have to be a chemist to see all the "brain fried results" walking(barely in some cases) around out there. ICE completely destroys the pleasure center part of our brain too. Many of the few, who do manage to recover to a relatively normal life, still suffer the loss of their pleasure center, so can never feel complete again. There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of these Iranian couriers though. Hardly a week goes by, without an arrest. As some here speculate and I have to agree with them, how much in reality, of this poison still gets through the system and on to the streets? A lot more than is being seized by Customs and Police, that's for sure. Another thing I can't understand, is how can it be che My own thoughts are that "the authorities" should parade some of the worst cases - the really sick ones I mean - through all the school class rooms for all kids from the age of 10 or 12 years upwards, to let them have a really good look at what the results of using this shit will do to you. They all need to be shocked - really scared - and just maybe, that could save a few of them. Just telling kids "DON'T DO IT" never worked back in my time, it even gave some an incentive to try whatever it was out - and I'm sure that has not changed in the time since! If I had been forced back then, to watch a guy screaming his heart out, while peeing pus into a bowl, I would have had "good cause" to use condoms a lot more often too...........

+1

Thing is, in Thailand this is pretty much a "hiso" drug. It costs way way more than yaa baa. An average user would be very well-off student or person with good job. I don't think showing people messed up with ICE would help 10-12 year olds. And besides, lots of Thai police appear to make money from it in one way or another. The margins are very high. They only ever seem to arrest Iranians at the airport. Nearly every other part of the supply chain gets away with it ........ I would also add that Thai newspapers and TV are filled with what crazy people have done whilst on "yaa baa" - but it doesn't appear to do anything to stop the next generation.

Just to add. I used to live in same apartment block as a few lads who worked at a very famous department store in the middle of Bangkok. They all did yaa baa in the apartment toilets and often brought their work friends round as well to do it. It was before work, sometimes during dinner-hour, and after work as well. Totally "part of the culture" to make work "easy" and still have energy to party later. And how could they afford it on department store wages? Because it was dirt cheap. There must be 50 or 100 yaa baa users in Thailand for every ice user. And if ice really is much worse than yaa baa, thank god it is expensive here.

Edited by pete66