A Good Reason To Learn To Speak Thai

kerryk

A good reason to learn to speak Thai even if you are in your 70's.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2011/reader6854.htm

Tales that I initially found hard to believe but after months of hearing them and seeing “interesting” situations and conversations plus hearing first hand from someone who has also witnessed the encounters, I now believe that Joe is for real and enjoying his status as the real Lothario of Meuang Tong Thani.

Oh, yes and it does help that he can speak enough Thai to converse with them in their language. 

So you old farts, if you’re in reasonable health, don’t look like your death warmed over, can be very positive and charming (speak Thai) to the women you meet, you too can live the studly life of a 21 year old again. 

I really do believe that if ya know the thai language you have it made

Y'know.. this post gave me a Damascean experience. I suddenly realised that I didn't care. Actually, I don't care about saving money whoring and drinking, or the race or nationality of my wife. So why would Thai be a benefit over CHinese or Brazilian? It might help me pick up a wife in Thailand, but that's not why I am here, And if it was, then why Thailand, and not China or Brazil or the South Sea Islands?

I wonder if the chaps who get so obsessed with whoring on this forum would suddenly start following rugby league if they moved to St Helens?

SC

This brings up another negative of the sad underbelly of the pay for play trade in Thailand.

It has skewed the mix of available women and appropriate non pay pairings both for Thai and Farangs. Although the Farangs come out on top as they are less likely to spread gossip.

Thai men that would normally chase Thai women are instead lured by the made up, readily available attractive skinny yabbed up ladies that dot the highways and byways of Bangkok. Kind of like the convenience of fast food or 7/11 as opposed to traditional restaurants and markets. This leaves a large number of women wandering around with nothing to do and a chip on their shoulder for being made obsolete by cell phones and modern pharmaceuticals.

A good reason to learn to speak Thai... if you're planning a full frontal lobotomy and want to still be able to communicate with 66 million people?

I think you mean English and I thought the UK had 62 million people. But you can't mean everyone in the UK is daft. Surely you should make allowances for those who moved to Thailand full time.

This brings up another negative of the sad underbelly of the pay for play trade in Thailand.

It has skewed the mix of available women and appropriate non pay pairings both for Thai and Farangs. Although the Farangs come out on top as they are less likely to spread gossip.

Thai men that would normally chase Thai women are instead lured by the made up, readily available attractive skinny yabbed up ladies that dot the highways and byways of Bangkok. Kind of like the convenience of fast food or 7/11 as opposed to traditional restaurants and markets. This leaves a large number of women wandering around with nothing to do and a chip on their shoulder for being made obsolete by cell phones and modern pharmaceuticals.

Dude -- you really MUST MUST grow up.

You are making such a complete and utter fool of yourself that it's just pitiful.

Amazing that people believe the fictional stories on that site. Fantasy designed to appeal to lonely men sitting at home dreaming of Thailand, and drive page hits and advertising clicks to generate revenue. And if you're in Thailand there is a conveniently placed ad for a home delivery prostitute service at the bottom of the page.

No, if you're a fat 79 year old bald dude with a limp you are not going to bang chicks in their 20s just because they're horny, regardless of what languages you speak. No, you're not going to be able to pay a food court cleaning lady 100 baht per shag to arrange free sex from lonely house wives. Dream on

I speak and understand Thai fluently, but I can't write or read anything beyond simple sentences.

I'm assuming (from this forum) that you're an expat. I think the best and least approach, is to understand spoken Thai.

As a farang it doesn't hurt to learn Thai, but the minimum I think is to understand what they're saying. Learn it, and be amazed at what Thai people say behind your back.:lol:

Dude -- you really MUST MUST grow up.

You are making such a complete and utter fool of yourself that it's just pitiful.

I know I shouldn't respond to such an obvious flame and it is not really my place to educate you on posting manners but I will anyway.

You are not supposed to attack another person if you disagree with his ideas. You are supposed to attack the ideas and show the error in some brilliant witty way.

Your personal attack is intended to start an argument instead of discuss the issue thereby changing the thread from a discussion into a personal vendetta. Posters do this when they don't have a logical argument to counter the original post.

Please in the future try to control yourself and respond to the points at hand and not the person who has made those points.

Amazing that people believe the fictional stories on that site. Fantasy designed to appeal to lonely men sitting at home dreaming of Thailand, and drive page hits and advertising clicks to generate revenue. And if you're in Thailand there is a conveniently placed ad for a home delivery prostitute service at the bottom of the page.

No, if you're a fat 79 year old bald dude with a limp you are not going to bang chicks in their 20s just because they're horny, regardless of what languages you speak. No, you're not going to be able to pay a food court cleaning lady 100 baht per shag to arrange free sex from lonely house wives. Dream on

That is the point. You have expressed both sides of the equation eloquently. I read the story sceptically at first, as it seemed hard to believe that a 79 year old man would have the power without blue vitamins to sustain his activities. But I have not lived in Bangkok for 6 years and when I did live there did not have the Thai speaking ability to try a similar approach.

I re read the story and realized there was no reason I could find that the author was making it up. I think he pointed out a little used market niche that remains unfilled, especially in large cities where women congregate to work or go to school away from family pressures and normal family values.

I live in a small town where everyone seems to know me and I doubt if I could pull it off here although I have been approached by shop keepers and waitresses at Thai restaurants when my GF is out of town for a while. I have always assumed they were looking for some spare cash but this story throws a different light on the situation.

After living here for a while I also feel guilty not giving a lady some monetary reimbursement for any pleasures exchanged. My current live in would be insulted if I offered her anything besides food, cab fare, he occasional trinket along with moral and emotional support; our relationship seems much like a Western one as she is of the same education and economic background as myself, though 30 years younger.

Reading the piece with an objective mind not encumbered by hatred of old people who stole your

Thai GF I think it rings true. I wonder at the reasons why it happens and I think it gives reason for older men to take care of their health and learn to speak Thai.

Not much to do up in Meung Tong Thani for Thais and farangs, so can understand the lonely older Thai ladies looking for some excitement. Anyway, monied Thai men typically have a mistress or two and the wife gets left at home in the evenings while the hubby is out. How do I know? Because the gf used to entertained the bored housewives; she worked for a company that does parties for them. Dancing and drinking with them, playing games with them, etc. Some of these ladies are pretty arrogant and obnoxious and treated the gf like dirt. Some of them are also looking for a mia noi hubby on the side, or do have one. Typically a young guy from a poorer background. Anyway these bored ladies pay alot to be entertained, and thus I can see they would be very open to some sexual excitement/encounter. Lets just say Thais are not very monogamous.

Trouble with alot of farangs is that they live a very cosseted life down Sukhumvit 'farang land'. Getting out to other parts of Bangkok that have few farangs makes you a bit of a novelty, and the local Thais will take more interest in you. Well that is my experience.

Edited by MaiChai

An interesting article... Not so hard to believe a 70 year old could pull some birds...perhaps his size has not diminished with agewhistling.gif

I can speak only very basic Thai, but what a difference it makes!

Edited by outofoz

Just wanted to add that bedding lots of girls comes with its problems. Its not all plain sailing. Stickman and other writers will gloss over the negatives to make an interest story. Examples: jealous husbands who hire someone to ensure you have an accident, girls that want to be your girlfriend, girls who are jealous that you are bedding others who can be very vindictive, friends/family of a lady you bed who can make lots of problems for you, getting robbed, drugged, waking up with one of your bodily parts cut off, etc, etc. I have been there and eventually the problems out weight the benefits, that you end up settling with a good girl who has your interests at heart. Well thats my experience anyway, and the single gf who has your interest at heart becomes less hassle. Just wanted to balance the picture out!

Just wanted to add that bedding lots of girls comes with its problems. Its not all plain sailing. Stickman and other writers will gloss over the negatives to make an interest story. Examples: jealous husbands who hire someone to ensure you have an accident, girls that want to be your girlfriend, girls who are jealous that you are bedding others who can be very vindictive, friends/family of a lady you bed who can make lots of problems for you, getting robbed, drugged, waking up with one of your bodily parts cut off, etc, etc. I have been there and eventually the problems out weight the benefits, that you end up settling with a good girl who has your interests at heart. Well thats my experience anyway, and the single gf who has your interest at heart becomes less hassle. Just wanted to balance the picture out!

I think you will find out wives are very likely to murder spouses. Safest bet is not to get married and play with strangers.

I know I shouldn't respond to such an obvious flame and it is not really my place to educate you on posting manners but I will anyway.

You are not supposed to attack another person if you disagree with his ideas. You are supposed to attack the ideas and show the error in some brilliant witty way.

Your personal attack is intended to start an argument instead of discuss the issue thereby changing the thread from a discussion into a personal vendetta. Posters do this when they don't have a logical argument to counter the original post.

Please in the future try to control yourself and respond to the points at hand and not the person who has made those points.

Excellent stuff. I'm tempted to C&P and use it on the many occasions it's unfortunately needed.

That is not my experience at all. Just pay up and do not lie about your intentions and it is smooth sailing. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ulysses G.

A good reason to learn to speak Thai... if you're planning a full frontal lobotomy and want to still be able to communicate with 66 million people?

So you're here to report that you went through with said procedure? I regret to inform you that your operation was not a success.