Condominium Residents

jimmym40

Okay, I've posted not long ago with similar subject, but have not rec'd only one, maybe two replies worth the info. So, I now would like to hear from those residents who live in a condo that the walls between the units are made of brick/concrete. I didn't realize that there were some that used gypsum board between walls. I can understand those who do not want to reply who condo walls are like hotel rooms. I would like to hear what condos have the brick/concrete walls and what are the names of the condos. And, what the noise level is between units and from above/below floors.

We currently live in a house but thinking of moving in to the city. So, I don't want to rent for a month or two, not necessary if I can get some feedback.

Thanks.

The Rimping Condominium on the Ping River at the Nahkornping Bridge used brick and mortar in their construction. The sound level between units is low for people's voices, TV or stereo. However, sound that comes from anything attached to the walls like cabinets (closing cabinet doors) or speakers or something that is dropped onto the tile floor will carry into the next unit and beyond. A disadvantage of living in a condo that is brick and mortar is you can hear anyone doing remodeling no matter where their unit is in the building. At the Rimping remodeling seems to be never-ending.

Older Condos are usually Red clay brick with plaster on them for about 10 cm thick. These you will hear things.

Newer condos may use Super block or Q con block for their walls. This light weight block is both insulating and noise reduceing.

Yes some now even use sheetrock, drywall, or gypsom depending on where your from what you call it. IE JIgsaw Condo II

A good high quality Condo will have double walls.

Noticing the building of the new Grand Siritara condo near the airport, it has double walls with insulation between for 30 cm total between rooms. you hear nothing

The 20 and 21 floor at the Royal Lanna are condo's with cement walls and floors. Very little noise unless it is in the hall and that you can not get away from any where.

Yeah, just hope the 19 floors beneath hold up! ohmy.gif