It'S Always A Laugh At The Driving Range!

kenny999

Well I just do not know anymore? I have always thought that the driving range was the right place to go to if you need to find your swing or to make repairs to it!

Edited by ib1b4

Well I just do not know anymore? I have always thought that the driving range was the right place to go to if you need to find your swing or to make repairs to it!

I must say that I do not laugh or make fun of anyone that is trying to play golf or take golf seriously, but in my opinion a person that has just started golf and does not know how to stand correctly, grip the club correctly etc, these new golfers should not get bogged down with the mechanics of the golf swing, the analyzing of the golf swing comes when you get better and realize what you are looking at and can then change what is wrong, analyzing and being able to rectify what is wrong is normally what a very low handicap golfer would be doing(with the aid of video or a coach) in answer to a reply, I was a 9 handicap golfer in the UK, I never thought I was good enough to try and analyze my golf swing because I find it very very difficult to rectify anything that is not natural, so just to make it clear I am not making fun of anyone at the golf range, the situation of a person who obviously has just started golf trying and then looking at things in there golf swing when they cannot even stand or grip the club correctly does make me laugh, maybe this is the fault of the teaching professional getting too technical with beginners or the beginners reading books about the golf swing, at the golf range a few days ago, there was an Asian women swinging backwards and forewords for well over 30 minutes she never hit a ball, she looked totally pissed off with what she was doing but having to do it because there was a man supervising her and I assume her husband/boyfriend, this is the sort of thing that will make you want to give up the game, instead she should have been hitting balls(trying to hit balls) and enjoying range golf, I just do not understand a novice standing there swinging the club back and forth for such a long time, is this enjoyable?

The ability to be able to analyze and then adjust the mechanics of the golf swing is only for the very talented and for those people with natural ability, a coach or the use of video, there are so many aspects of the golf swing too be able to change one thing and not forget about it the next time you play (hence why professional golfers make this game look so easy.

I love to help people with their golf; I just keep it simple because getting too technical at the start can destroy a person’s confidence in golf very early.

If any one that has taken up this wonderful game gets pleasure from trying to analyze their swing then who am I to judge them!! It’s all about enjoying what you are doing, so in future I will not laugh at any situation at the range unless of course he or she hits the ball and it lands behind them, something I did when I was a golf novice lol

In answer to an irrelevant reply post: I do not care if I mistakenly use a big S or small s it is unimportant, using dunno instead of don’t know in my opinion is also unimportant, please just stick to the topic, I am sure there is a grammar forum for you some where!!

I practice a lot here and I am now trying to be a better player than I was in the UK but I will still not try to analyze my swing because as I have previously said I find it impossible to change anything that is not natural, for this reason I will never be another Nick Faldo (used him as an example because we are of similar height and build.

Happy golfing too all...

If I gave the impression that I was making fun of individuals at the driving range then I must apologize, this is something I would never do intentionally.

Happy golfing to all in amazing Thailand.

I love to help people with their golf; I just keep it simple because getting too technical at the start can destroy a person's confidence in golf very early.

PM me if you feel like sharing some of your wisdom. I could really use someone with your abilities to check on my swing.

I love to help people with their golf; I just keep it simple because getting too technical at the start can destroy a person's confidence in golf very early.

PM me if you feel like sharing some of your wisdom. I could really use someone with your abilities to check on my swing.

Would love too help you mate but I am not a teacher, I just have my opinion which of course we are all free to express!!

If any one feels there are comments within my recent long post that are not correct please feel free to inform us all what you think is incorrect!!

Edited by kenny999