Pattaya Busy Or Quiet Now?

PRO871

Hi guys im in Pattaya at the start of September for 3 weeks just wondering if its busy at the present time or is it very quiet?

Been getting mixed stories from various sources saying its never been so quiet with a lot of the bars empty and most of the girls back in their homes..

Is this true?

Cheers

Darren

speaking to 3 expats living here just this morning and they say its never been so quiet. so answer is definately yes.

however im loving it here currently and the place im staying, diana oasis on diana estate soi bukhoaw is fully booked !

lots of cheap hotel options available and the pick of local treasures at low season prices!

enjoy

any recommendations on accommodations that I can get for 10 - 14 days below 10,000baht with decent furniture, room service, clean etc? i will prefer a location close to Avenue Pattaya.

Yes - in my experience (I lived in Thailand for 5 years now) Pattaya's incredibly quiet, for whatever reasons.. next month or so will be the lowest of traveling season until October where it shall be busy busy busy.

Edited by SunDaRi

any recommendations on accommodations that I can get for 10 - 14 days below 10,000baht with decent furniture, room service, clean etc? i will prefer a location close to Avenue Pattaya.

For 10,000B/14 nights you should be able to get into most places in town at this time of year.

600B/night at Diana Dragon including pool (in Diana Inn, just down the road), wifi, and a decent American breakfast (worth 105B).

I actually think that in the streets it was quieter last month than this. Bars do seem to be very quiet, but I only ever walk past them so I dont really know.

Its dead plain and simple, the hotels are full of arabs who do not frequent the bars so the place looks like a ghost town.

Pattaya is never dead or quiet.

The traffic is horrendous each and every day right throughout the year because Thais live here too and they all seem to own cars and motorbikes.

Perhaps the Arabs don't go into bars, but they always hang out on Walking Street which is always busy.

Its dead plain and simple, the hotels are full of arabs who do not frequent the bars so the place looks like a ghost town.

The traffic is horrendous each and every day right throughout the year because Thais live here too and they all seem to own cars and motorbikes.

Perhaps the Arabs don't go into bars, but they always hang out on Walking Street which is always busy.

i live on the dark side and apart from the weekend rush in from Bangkoks beach seekers the roads are really quiet on suk rd and in the city centre, granted at 5.00 pm it gets busier on pattaya Klang but thats it, its dead !

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory comment

Inflammatory comment removed

You disagree?

You need to get to the city center more often because you're out of touch living the sticks.

Anyone who uses "quiet" or "dead" to describe Pattaya at anytime of year is out of it.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of edited post

That's an easy one as they switch the traffic light cycles to 5 minutes around 5Pm every day which would even create a traffic jam if there were only pedestrians.

As it should be...its their country after all so excuse them for enjoying it. The fewer sex-tourists around the better.

Its always quiet this time of year, its called low season!!, but a ghost town no way, in fact this week seems a bit busier. Central Beach Festival had the most tourists for a long time yesterday. WS is packed every night. The top gogo's are doing a roaring trade.

I had a great night in the Blues Factory the other night with some friends and all the seats were full, Innsomnia, Mixxx, Marine and the clubs like that are full most night.