Motorcycle Helmets

Pdavies99

I 've come to the conclusion that if you want a proper motorcycle helmet that would

save your life then it better to bring one from the western world where they are made

to safety standards.

If you buy one in Thailand then just buy the one that fits as comfortably as possible

but don't expect it to actually fit it's purpose for a few hundred baht.

If you find the 'REAL' brand of helmet they are 'ece' approved. And are probably the best value helmet in Thailand (but they run a bit small in their sizing)

Also i saw at the scooter hot shop on soi baukaw (the one with the panels on the walls) a range of helmets that looked ok.

There is a shop with a good selection down Pattaya Tai on the left as you're coming from Sukhumvit where that crazy junction is, i'd hazard a guess about 3/4 km from Sukhumvit.

JH

I second this place. Bought a few helmets there, they do have a decent selection.

It's located at the SE corner of the Pattaya Tai, Soi Bongkot, Soi Kho Phai intersection.

Life is cheap here and it shows in the helmet construction, Thai helmets are crap. For one they don't fit and most are made of cheap plastic. I brought two helmets with me from the USA and both are DOT approved, cost more but last much longer. I got two more I just bought off e-bay, full helmets, the are both SNELL and DOT approved.

hidehoo, im currently using those cheap plastic helments offered at rental bike shops. which i also was using while i owned wave 125cc in different prefecture.

anyhow what scares the shizzle out of me is not the brand of the helmet... but after u fall from the bike, due to sudden tyre puncture, mechanical failure, clutch and gear malfunction, read ended, some fuc_ka sweeps u off the side, road hazards such as M100 bottles, pot holes, oil spill etc... u will either have;

-ur skin peeled like a melted cheese, and will add heavy touch of road bacterias

-ur limbs or heads being crushed from the rear veichles

-ur legs/ankle being twisted in inhhumane way or deep gash from the metal pieces from bike etc

-ur elblows/knees impacting the road causing deep damage

-permenant scar damages etc

what ya tink?

but im still hiring those 250cc+ bikes why is that???? (some dealers are faulty and maybe setted up to cause troubles.... bike shop near 7-11 after the shopping mall on beach rd)

There is a shop with a good selection down Pattaya Tai on the left as you're coming from Sukhumvit where that crazy junction is, i'd hazard a guess about 3/4 km from Sukhumvit.

JH

I second this place. Bought a few helmets there, they do have a decent selection.

It's located at the SE corner of the Pattaya Tai, Soi Bongkot, Soi Kho Phai intersection.

I third it, they have REAL helmets which are good and cost about 1,500baht, the shop is on the left (on a corner) going towards the beach on south pattaya road about 300m before the 3rd road junction