Unknown Foreigner Found Up-A-Tree In Jomtien

Rimmer

Unknown foreigner found up-a-tree in Jomtien

PATTAYA: -- An unknown foreign man was found up a tree in the early hours of Tuesday Morning and there was serious concern over his safety and mental state. Police and volunteers were called to the tree located within a village located in Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien and spent almost one hour negotiating with the man who refused to give his name or nationality.

Full story and pictures HERE

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I believe Pattaya One is in the process changing servers so that might account for the wrong links.

I often see a farang who seems to live in the 'police hat' post at the end of Soi Wat Boon and Sukhumvit, maybe that is him.

He is not the only unfortunate foreigner to be stranded in Pattaya with no visible way to support himself etc.

The police in this case seem to have been very lenient as with no passport or visa to show, his immigration status was unknown and he could have been detained for that alone - as some have.

Let's hope some organization helps him.

I believe Pattaya One is in the process changing servers so that might account for the wrong links.

I often see a farang who seems to live in the 'police hat' post at the end of Soi Wat Boon and Sukhumvit, maybe that is him.

The link is correct, the Pattaya One servers are redirecting it to another article. Photos don't work either.

Very sad to see. He looks like he's in his 50's or 60's. Could be drugs, mental illness or a combination thereof.

Judging by the photo on Pattaya One website it isn't the fellow stationed at the police hut/hat.

This particular Tarzan-impersonating farang seems slightly older, fairly slim build and sporting a cowboy hat.

Bemused that the authorities offered no assistance other than to coax him out of the tree when he seems to apparently be either suffering some form of mental illness or substance abuse issues.

But I guess it isn't their concern, or is it?

“released without any further action and without ever finding out who the man was”

Isn’t it mandated that all foreigners have their passport and/or travel documents available for inspection by Thai authorities at all times or face possible detention or imprisonment until they can be provided?

What have I been doing jumping through fiery hoops and spending tons of money making sure I have all the proper Visa and paperwork to stay legally in the kingdom when this clown walks without a second look by both police and immigration?

I guess if I want to stay for an extended period in Thailand all I need to do is scale a tree and wait for the BIB.