Ok To Ask For/Get A "30 Day Tourist On Arrval" Stamp In My Passport, Despite Having A Valid Non O Multiple Entry?

I have posted twice recently.

I am single, with a Non Imm O multiple entry visa.

I have a new job and my company is getting a work permit for me, but the Labour Department won't issue a work permit to me with my Non Imm O visa. They require a Non Imm B.

Cut a long story short, having checked with the authorities it as been confirmed that one way to turn my Non Imm O visa into a Non Imm B visa is to fly out of then back into this country in an evening via KL, get a "30 day tourist on arrival" visa stamp in my passport, which can be turned into a Non Imm B at Chaeng Wattana in 21 days.

Question is: will I have any problems at Airport Immigration, when I want a "30 day tourist on arrival" visa stamp in my passport, but i still have a valid Non Imm O Multiple Entry Visa in the same passport. if so, any tips to avoid this?

Just to anticipate any tangents here: I do NOT want to go abroad and spend two days getting the Non Imm B visa at a foreign Thai embassy.

Thanks in advance.

Your visa needs to be cancelled, otherwise they will stamp you in on the non-O visa. This will have to be done at immigration. Based on what was the non-O? Normally it allows a wp to be issued, as it doen't state a reason why it was issued.

If you apply for the WP and get the wp3 form you can ask immigration to give you an extension of stay based on your work. With the extension based on work I suspect Labour will issue a work permit. If not, you can use the WP3 form to get a non-B from abroad. In the end that might be easier than converting from a visa exempt entry. (It is not a visa on arrival for you, at the airport ignore these signs) But that is up to you.

Just to note that my Non-O multi (marriage) wasn't deemed acceptable for my WP application.

Just got my second passport back from Hull with the Non-B multi in it so can move ahead with the WP next week after I come back from Malaysia.

On July 7th this year I had an extension of stay based on work issued on my O visa. This was in Khorat.

I would also like to mention that my work permit was issued first. ie Immigration would not issue an extension with a WP3. I needed a work permit dated upto end of contract. Effectively the complete opposite of the previous procedures.

Nope. I tried to get a stamp a few years back with a fresh TR in my book. They just smiled and said no.

Returning in May used to really mess up my travel plans. Also three month window on double TR. Now, I recall getting six but things are so crazy I don't see any consistency anywhere.

Short answer - no

Nope. I tried to get a stamp a few years back with a fresh TR in my book. They just smiled and said no.

Returning in May used to really mess up my travel plans. Also three month window on double TR. Now, I recall getting six but things are so crazy I don't see any consistency anywhere.

Short answer - no

I suspect the poster might find this, as most other things, vary depending on who you deal with. I never had any trouble

getting stamped in on a visa exempt entry even though I had a tourist-visa or non-imm o visa in my passport that I could

have used instead. Last time was last year.

Short answer - no

I suspect the poster might find this, as most other things, vary depending on who you deal with. I never had any trouble

getting stamped in on a visa exempt entry even though I had a tourist-visa or non-imm o visa in my passport that I could

have used instead. Last time was last year.

Nowadays immigration does not allow it, of course it is up to the officer but most reports say it has been denied to the person asking. You where lucky.

Like like Mario basically states, never hurts to ask - but the reply will be no.

Best you have a reason you are not utilizing the visa as well. keeping one in the pocket is not a good reason. I suspect a ticket to China or India following week might be a great reason. But - that is not your goal. Your goal is to merely extend the time in country as much as possible.