Sunday Brunch Mandarin Oriental

bridge

Oriental Dhara Dhevi has several restaurants on their grounds. Which restaurant is it? So far I've tried the Thai restaurant and Fujian, the Chinese one. (And the bakery/tea house which is excellent). I really like Fujian. The Thai restaurant... is nice, sure, but perhaps not worth the price unless you really value ambiance.

I don't know if they do a Sunday brunch, I know that on a Sunday the Fujian restaurant does have a " Dim sum" fixed price buffet for 700 baht++, which is a little expensive by CM standards, but we like it so we keep going whenever I'm back in CM. Its worth a splurge if its a special occasion.

Looks like no one has been to the Mandarin Oriental for their Sunday Brunch.

Kinda answers the OPs question.

Went to Mandarin Oriental last Sunday 24th July, but to Fujian for the Dim Sum. The car park was almost full at 12:30. I asked the parking attendant what was going on, he said people were there for the Brunch in the Akalingo restaurant. So if you are going to go, then go early, as it looks to be very busy.

OP:- Please let us know you opinion of it if you do go.

Edited by mickmac

Sounds interesting.

Yeah, I've only tried the Yum Cha buffet at Fujian, and the Japanese place right opposite to the hotel which has an okay offering.

What funny is 800++ is a little expensive for Chiang Mai..

Bangkok? How about 9000++?

post-56999-0-29484000-1311786582_thumb.j

Edited by infernalman7

It is actually a good deal, at Akaligo Italian restaurant, nice dining area in and outdoors, and a big brunch spread. 880 baht nett I think. But call and check, it is 053888888. The brunch has all sorts of stations, cold cuts, desserts, traditional fryup, salads, pastas, etc. Good stuff and packed every Sunday, with a large number of Thai locals going there...