Things To Do in Krabi?

Talay

Hi

I'm coming to Krabi in the middle of November. I will be doing some scuba diving, but are there any other recommendations to anything in the area I must see or do?

Thanks

Allan

hot springs & crystal lagoon

elephant trekking

a trip up to the top of wat tham seua, tiger cave, if you are feeling energetic, but make sure you go either really early in the morning or middle of the afternoon(recommended), or you will fry your @r$e off..

take a trip down to lanta for a day or two and check out the beaches

or over to phi phi, tonsai, railey to check out the nightlife

scuda diving outfit to recommend, if you havent got it sussed already, try scuba-addicts.com new team, full of enthusiasm

• 1 month later...
Hi

I'm coming to Krabi in the middle of November. I will be doing some scuba diving, but are there any other recommendations to anything in the area I must see or do?

Thanks

Allan

krabi is the rock climbing capital of thailand, maybe S.E. Asia. there are many guides for the absolute begineer, try king climbers in realee beach

• 1 year later...

I agree with the posts on this thread... especially about scuba-addicts... i went on a couple of dives with them... look for Punch... probably the only female Thai dive instructor in all of Thailand... and she really knows the sites too... the equipment was Halcyon back inflation system... which i like so much better than the old-skool BC's.... they are easy to find ... probably have a website and their flyers are pretty much everywhere once you get here.

bye bye

Things to do in Krabi:

Canoeing - Many companies around Ao Nang beach and a few on Klong Muang beach offer this service, canoes and kayaks can be rented and are an excellent way to discover the many caves and coves around the Krabi area on your own or with an organized tour.

Climbing - The dramatic limestone cliffs around the Krabi region offer some of the best rock climbing in the world. From beginner to advanced level, everyone can enjoy this pastime -a number of companies around the Ao Nang beach and at Railey Beach area offer full and half day trips.

Cycling - To experience the beautiful countryside around Krabi a good option can be to hire a bicycle. Caution should be taken as the roads can become quite tight but are generally quiet.

Diving - With over 100 islands, Krabi has many exciting undersea sites and teems with exotic sea life. Several companies offer dive trips to the 15 dive sites off Ao Nang -all within a one hour boat ride including a 50 meter long cave at depths of 5-12 meters at Yawabon Island.

Elephant Trekking - A different way to spend a day is to take an elephant trek through some of the lush undergrowth of the local forests. There are a few elephant camps in the Krabi area and treks can be easily booked through local agents.

Golfing - Currently there is only one 18 hole golf course in Krabi which is the Pakasai Country Club.

Sailing - With over one hundred islands Krabi offers some of the most breath taking sailing in Thailand. With one of the many sailing companies around the region you can truly enjoy these local delights.

Sightseeing - Apart from beautiful sailing around Krabi's 100 islands the area also has a forest national park with a huge diversity of flora and fauna. The cave of Tham Chao Le surrounded by mountains and beautiful islands has prehistoric cave painting depicting animals, people and patterns. The emerald pond in Than Bok Khorani National Park is a beautiful natural lake where visitors can swim, nearby you can visit natural hot springs and waterfalls. Fossils shell beach (Susan Hoi) is a shell graveyard dating back approximately 40 million years, and is about 15 mins from Krabi town. There are also a number of temples and monasteries including Wat Tham Suea 9 kms form Krabi and is an extremely peaceful temple amidst lush forests and mountains.

Snorkeling - Amongst the many islands there are some particularly memorable places to enjoy the reefs and sea life particularly around Poda Island. Snorkeling gear can be rented from as little as 100-150 baht a day along the beach front in Ao Nang.

Things to do in Krabi:

Canoeing - Many companies around Ao Nang beach and a few on Klong Muang beach offer this service, canoes and kayaks can be rented and are an excellent way to discover the many caves and coves around the Krabi area on your own or with an organized tour.

Climbing - The dramatic limestone cliffs around the Krabi region offer some of the best rock climbing in the world. From beginner to advanced level, everyone can enjoy this pastime -a number of companies around the Ao Nang beach and at Railey Beach area offer full and half day trips.

Cycling - To experience the beautiful countryside around Krabi a good option can be to hire a bicycle. Caution should be taken as the roads can become quite tight but are generally quiet.

Diving - With over 100 islands, Krabi has many exciting undersea sites and teems with exotic sea life. Several companies offer dive trips to the 15 dive sites off Ao Nang -all within a one hour boat ride including a 50 meter long cave at depths of 5-12 meters at Yawabon Island.

Elephant Trekking - A different way to spend a day is to take an elephant trek through some of the lush undergrowth of the local forests. There are a few elephant camps in the Krabi area and treks can be easily booked through local agents.

Golfing - Currently there is only one 18 hole golf course in Krabi which is the Pakasai Country Club.

Sailing - With over one hundred islands Krabi offers some of the most breath taking sailing in Thailand. With one of the many sailing companies around the region you can truly enjoy these local delights.

Sightseeing - Apart from beautiful sailing around Krabi's 100 islands the area also has a forest national park with a huge diversity of flora and fauna. The cave of Tham Chao Le surrounded by mountains and beautiful islands has prehistoric cave painting depicting animals, people and patterns. The emerald pond in Than Bok Khorani National Park is a beautiful natural lake where visitors can swim, nearby you can visit natural hot springs and waterfalls. Fossils shell beach (Susan Hoi) is a shell graveyard dating back approximately 40 million years, and is about 15 mins from Krabi town. There are also a number of temples and monasteries including Wat Tham Suea 9 kms form Krabi and is an extremely peaceful temple amidst lush forests and mountains.

Snorkeling - Amongst the many islands there are some particularly memorable places to enjoy the reefs and sea life particularly around Poda Island. Snorkeling gear can be rented from as little as 100-150 baht a day along the beach front in Ao Nang.

We went to Krabi with the intention of at least doing some of the above ACTIVITIES!!..........................we ended up doing just ne thing..........................CHILLING!! I've never been to a place that emcouraged me to elax half as much as Krabi, and guess what, I'm completely hooked.

We will be back in January

We went to Krabi with the intention of at least doing some of the above ACTIVITIES!!..........................we ended up doing just ne thing..........................CHILLING!! I've never been to a place that emcouraged me to elax half as much as Krabi, and guess what, I'm completely hooked.

We will be back in January

Chilling out. What a wonderful thing to do in Krabi. Have a massage, a cold drink, some wonderful food especially the banana pancakes, and most of all enjoy the scenery.

I'm off next month, can't wait.

cheers

onzestan

Is it better to go diving in/around Krabi that Phuket at this time of the year (mid-Sept)? Have yet to decided between Phuket and Krabi to do rescue diving course for my bf... Advise much appreciated and also recommendation for good diving schools in Krabi.