Uk Settlement Refusal

Indeed, the OP does not say anywhere that he is sub letting the flat.

The accommodation part of the refusal was due, according to the parts of the refusal notice quoted, to geordiephil not providing sufficient evidence that the accommodation was suitable; no mention of him sub letting!

The mention of public funds in the refusal is standard wording.

Garrfield, I think you owe geordiephil an apology.

your correct 7by7 no where does it say that im sub-letting i rent the flat from the local council it has 2 bedrooms and i live here alone so there sufficient room for me and my wife as the last i heard a 2 bedroom flat was siutable for 2-3 people?,,, anyway after much thought we are going to re-apply the wife has her dates for english test first part on july 30 second part august 6 this time we have made sure it is the correct test ie TOEIC , we decided it better to apply again as an appeal seemed pointless also there is the time factor, we can always make the money back but lost time together is just that ,,,LOST,,, so if you need close this topic it ok with me, i will keep checking back now and then to see how everyone else is getting on, and i like to thank everyone for all there valuable help

regards

Phil :)

Good luck Phil,

don't forget to make sure you include some proof of your tenancy! Go see the council if you need to, tell them what it's for, you should have a tenancy agreement somewhere. If not they'll give you a copy.

Biff

Indeed, the OP does not say anywhere that he is sub letting the flat.

The accommodation part of the refusal was due, according to the parts of the refusal notice quoted, to geordiephil not providing sufficient evidence that the accommodation was suitable; no mention of him sub letting!

The mention of public funds in the refusal is standard wording.

Garrfield, I think you owe geordiephil an apology.

I apologise, I miss read part of the post. Please disregard that part of my post.:jap:

The Pearson Group do not offer the test.

I phoned them and they said they don't do it. Their number is almost impossible to obtain and I got it through another test provider but [at the time] Pearson don't provide a number in Bangkok. Also, they are Australian.

The Sukhumvit based group offer an American system that is too complex and consists of 4 parts. The Visa does not require all of those parts. The period of study required to meet the test standard is several months. Then there is a 2 week wait for a cert. They were too keen to take my money and the course was too far advanced for what was needed. the truth of the matter is that they do not have a course that is A1 level.

Kevin Cullen, whom I spoke to, is helpful.

The problem since the change over to new providers is that those wishing to offer the test are in limbo as the accreditors [ those who issue the certs as it is their organisations tests] are yet to accept the Thai named providers.

Also, the Thai based providers who are trying to offer tests are faced with economic uncertainties. that is unless they hit numbers of in one case 10 and another 20 candidates they cannot afford to run a test.

The Bulats test on-line is not accepted outside of the Uk. Therefore, any test offered in Thailand must be old school - in person, on paper or taped or both.

I have posted elsewhere that the vital inf. they need is as follows:

proof of income

proof of accomadation [ Phil fails on that one ]

proof of relationship

certs - both TB and A1 English Test [ Phil again]

The rest is bumph; padding; irrelevent.

Tick those boxes and you clear all hurdles to Olympic standard.

This is meant to help but the reality is you have to be organised and understand what you are doing.

Finally, the A1 needs to be accredited by a UK based organisation. Anything with 'Cambridge' in its name for example. Make sure that the issuing of any cert comes through the UK and hopefully the name will be on the list. But the last list [pre July 17] was absolutely hopeless. By contacting such providers in the UK and asking if they are franchising the A1 to Thailand you can learn where to go; whom to apply to. As I say, the Sukhumvit lot will tell you day is night. Avoid them.

I heard from a friend that they have been instructed to get tough and find any excuse to not allow Thai settlers. "The fact is they don't want her" as she will be a drain on the countries resources, I tend to agree with this new policy. :jap:

I heard from a friend that they have been instructed to get tough and find any excuse to not allow Thai settlers. "The fact is they don't want her" as she will be a drain on the countries resources, I tend to agree with this new policy. :jap:

who rattled your cage?

with all due respect, that is a load of twaffle

I find that a bizzare statement when any person settling with a spouse has no recourse to public funds, not right from the off anyway and if you can't afford to pay for your partner then they will fail you on that....simple!

shouldn't your views be aimed at the ones who turn up with 5 kids claiming assylum :whistling:

You heard this rubbish from a friend; probably true.

You don't want Thai immigrants settling in the UK; probably true.

The rest of you post; completely untrue.

I am allowed to chose who I marry and live in the UK with my partner. This has always been the case and no government in the UK is going to try to change this and I doubt they care who I marry anyway. As a tax payer my wife is not a drain on the countries resources and being Thai she does not actually occupy a lot of space either.

It is appropriate for tougher checks to ensure that settlement is only offered to those that have a genuine right to do so. I think everyone would agree with this policy.

Posts discussing the High Court challenge to the A1 English requirement have been moved to here so as to not distract from the subject of this topic.

As geordiephil has said

we decided it better to apply again as an appeal seemed pointless also there is the time factor, we can always make the money back but lost time together is just that ,,,LOST,,, so if you need close this topic it ok with me
close it is what I have done.