Modeling Jobs Form Ksr?

Hello,

A couple of days ago in the KSR area I was approached by a guy who introduced himself as a fashion photographer. He asked me if I lived in BKK ( the motorcycle helmet I held in my hand geve him the hint) and If I was interested in doing some modeling. He gave me his card and asked to drop him an e-mail and mentioned 4k bath for a days work. I tried to google the guy later but wasn't able to find anything of any value.

Has anybody got any experience with this kind of jobs? It seems a bit dodgy so I thought I'd ask.

Best,

MK

I'm a photographer and work with women often. This sounds a bit random, as most of us use agencies and independent model sites. The pay sounds pretty good considering there are a lot of girls willing to do testing in exchange for photos. It's almost unheard-of for anyone to be paid unless there's a specific assignment already booked.

The clincher is the google fail.

Any photographer these days will have a google presence, even if he's just a productive amateur.

I get plenty of hits just googling my pseudonym.

Are you people crazy? The op seems strange to me. Just call the guy and see what happens. You dont need to ask US on TV. I have been asked many times in the past 11 years to be in commercials etc but just wasn't interested. A person doesn't have to be on or use Google to be legit. hahahahahha

Just call the number. Also if you really do live in Thailand why are you even on KSR?

Also if you really do live in Thailand why are you even on KSR?

I didn't notice a sign in the KSR area saying "only for tourists, no expats allowed,". And some of us have friends who came and visit us, and some of these friends like to stay in KSR. Except for that KSR (and Banglamphu in general) does have a lot to offer, even if you've been living here for a while.

Back on topic: I dropped the guy an e-mail. He wrote me back asking how long I'm planning to stay in BKK so he can set a date of a photo shoot.

Anyone else feels like sharing their experiences (or opinions)?

Cheers,

MK

It's not that uncommon for agents to go 'trawling' for models and movie/television extras around Khaosan and Rambuttri as productions often need European faces on screen; there's quite a few TV commercials made in Thailand as well as the occasional movie, some of them with major stars....the set for the John Cusack movie ''Shanghai'' was amazing, you get to rub shoulders with the stars sometimes. There's a few agencies around BKK you can sign up with, a better option than some random guy on the street. Give it a go.......can be fun. There's one called ''cool modelling'' in Pinklao which found me some work a while back.