Buy Rubber Tree

today my gf came to me with idea to buy a rubber tree and to plant for the future.Says 1 tree will give family a job and income in 7 years. I don't know if this is her Mommas idea to get money out of me for whatever reason. It seems to me that 1 tree can not generate that much income. Is there any potential for rubber tree farming here in Thailand and if so I would imagine would need more than 1 tree.I'm just trying to get some facts on subject before I jump to the conclusion that they are just trying to scam me again.

Hi! I guess you will soon hear from james collister,but in the meantime I can tell you,that it is,hm,well,rubbish.......You will need at least 500 trees and probably work them youself,to get a modest,and I mean modest,living out of it! I think you have missunderstood what your gf told you....Perhaps she meant to say one land with trees...

Edited by Bosse137

Let me see......1 tree gives about half a kilo a month which will come out to about 65 baht, which, you will have to share with your tapper in a 60:40 split. About 40 baht to you per month......looks good! :whistling:

Hi! I guess you will soon hear from james collister,but in the meantime I can tell you,that it is,hm,well,rubbish.......You will need at least 500 trees and probably work them youself,to get a modest,and I mean modest,living out of it! I think you have missunderstood what your gf told you....Perhaps she meant to say one land with trees...

Bosse137: you hit the nail squarely on its head !

Bosse137: you hit the nail squarely on its head !

thanks that is what I thought maybe they talking about land with many trees. But mostly I thinking they want me to pay off some land they aquired and make up a story about buying 1 tree for 20000 baht.