Money Needed In Account For Settlement Visa Uk

Hello all,

A quick question,how much money do i need in my account when i apply for a settlement visa to the uk for my thai wife and daughter? I was thinking 5000 pounds would suffice but if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it.

Thanks

i dont think there is any set amount or minimum. obviously some savings would be ideal, for that ''rainy day''. how many months statements will you provide? better to put that amount into a savings account now, then maybe top it up a bit each month. - rather than put a lump sum into an account just before you apply.

You don't need any money in your account; but you do need to show that you can support and accommodate your wife without recourse to public funds. This money can come from income or savings or a combination of both. The money can come from you, your wife, a third party or any combination of these. Whoever is contributing must show that they have the means to do so; e.g. provide pay slips, bank statements etc.

There is no set minimum, but you may have difficulties if the money available to you is less than the income support level for a UK family of the same size.

See Maintenance and accommodation.

You say 'my daughter.' Is she your biological daughter or step-daughter? If the former then you don't need a visa for her as she is a British citizen and so entitled to a British passport and to live in the UK.