A What If Situation

I suspect most foreign men will be outlived by their Thai wife's.

Imagine you are in your mid-Eighty's and your Thai wife passes

away. Your Thai children are too old to be listed as being supported by you.

What happens to you if you can't afford the retirement visa.

Are their any other options?

Discuss this situation with your wife and execute a Thai Will and Testament. Young Thai women die in vehicle accidents every day, especially if they drive motorcycles without wearing helmets. If that happens to you, you'll could have many other problems besides lack of funds for a retirement visa.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

That is what the rules say. I don't know if you have to life with the child, but that seems to be what immigration wants.

Marry another, plenty to choose.

well, I am sure there are not plenty if you are over 80 and can't even afford the retirement visa...

You wrong

Euro pension 20-30kbht a month

Many Thai lady enjoy husband of any age with this pension, but not enough for retirement VISA

Expectation to inherit as bonus!

Marry another, plenty to choose.

well, I am sure there are not plenty if you are over 80 and can't even afford the retirement visa...

He don't have to mention his financial situation to the new bride.

Think you are a bit out of touch, the first question a female Thai would ask is, how much money do you have?