3Bb

tolsti

I currently use a CAT EVDO purchased as I didn't know if I was going to stay in the bungalow I had rented for a long time. As it is I am very happy there and am now looking to install a better system. The resort has 3BB wifi in the main area but it doesn't extend to the end where I am and I would prefer in any case to have my own set up.

I am looking at 6 Mb/512 package with 3BB @ 590bht = VAT per month with a router 4 Port wireless at 999 +Vat.

Apparently I have to pay for the whole year at once rather than monthly....

I have Visa, WP and rental contract.

Questions are:

1) Is 3BB any good in Patong... I am at the bottom end of Nanai towards the cross roads for Kata/Karon. From searching this board I notice there have been problems with them.

2) Is it normal to pay for the whole year in advance?

3) Any recommendations for an alternative? I believe there is a phone line at the house but not active.

thanks in advance for your advice.

Tolsti

I would have thought that with a WP you would not have to pay the year up front. 3BB have had far too many foreigners claiming to stay for one year but then go back home after a few months without paying the cancellation fee. So now the policy is pay the full year.

3BB just fine at our apartment on the south end of Nanai Road. CAT service is available through Patong Cable TV, works well at our apartments.

I would have thought that with a WP you would not have to pay the year up front. 3BB have had far too many foreigners claiming to stay for one year but then go back home after a few months without paying the cancellation fee. So now the policy is pay the full year.

3BB just fine at our apartment on the south end of Nanai Road. CAT service is available through Patong Cable TV, works well at our apartments.

I too am at the southern end of Nanai with 3BB and very happy with connection.

I did not have to pay a year in advance as signed up in the GF's name!!

Thanks for those answers... it sounds like we all live quite close to each other.

The cable option sounds interesting as I currently have cable provided by the resort. I will speak to the owner.

If I have to pay up front for the year then so be it... it's not worth getting a girlfriend just to get internet access!!