Top 10 Misconceptions Farangs Have Of Thai Women

Berkshire

But you realize, of course, that New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are not representative of the United States anymore than London is of England. :whistling:

For the real England, you have to go to Redcar. or Skelm.

For the real USA, I would recommend Albaquerque.

For the real Scotland, I would recommend Hong Kong, and for the real Hong Kong, Sydney.

SC

Years ago there was a study published on why men and woman choose their partners. For woman number 1 was security can this man provide me and my children security. Number 2 was is he a good mate strong and capable of fathering strong children. For men it was Number 1 can she have children and will they survive in other words hips and boobs lots of fat in case of lack of food.

This study was going into some interesting subjects because how many men would admit to checking out a woman and asking himself can she have children and will they survive. This is all done on a sub-concious level by both men and woman world wide...

NEWSFLASH! Scientists discover built-in traits in mammals and other species that lend to perpetuation of the species... thinking of calling it "Darwinism"....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you realize, of course, that New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are not representative of the United States anymore than London is of England. :whistling:

For the real England, you have to go to Redcar. or Skelm.

For the real USA, I would recommend Albaquerque.

For the real Scotland, I would recommend Hong Kong, and for the real Hong Kong, Sydney.

SC

You need to learn how to spell Albuquerque. Years ago there was a study published on why men and woman choose their partners. For woman number 1 was security can this man provide me and my children security. Number 2 was is he a good mate strong and capable of fathering strong children. For men it was Number 1 can she have children and will they survive in other words hips and boobs lots of fat in case of lack of food.

This study was going into some interesting subjects because how many men would admit to checking out a woman and asking himself can she have children and will they survive. This is all done on a sub-concious level by both men and woman world wide. Of course there always is exception to the rules as a man gets older and no need to have any more children he may make decision differently.

Also in most relationships between men and women the man will more than likely make more money than the woman. She is looking for security.

You mispellt 'ought'..

as far as I can tell, the current fashion is for scrawny young ladies - I don;t know if that is a 'pater familias' thing, looking for a woman that will be quickly reliant on you for the next meal, or a consequence of a sedentary lifestyle (better find a bird I can throw over my shoulder without rupturing myself) or just greed (could I get one in each arm?) or even (she can't be pregnant already!). If she wants security, she should save for a pension.

That's what I told the bank, when I was looking for a loan, and they called the security guard over to menace me until I pissed off quietly...

SC

EDIT: misspellt misplet

I'll bet there'll be some Lancstwat on in a minute saying 'you need to learn how to spell Skelmersdale as well'

I would give a pre-emptive (and moderable) remark, but I don't know if Patak's is Indian or Pakistani...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Stickman is quite right in his analysis of Thai women. Thai women compare equally to their Western counterparts.

Many of the farang men that select a Thai wife in preference over a farang wife do so because they are flawed in character, lack confidence and there are many other reasons why they are not desirable to Western women.

These farangs usually pursue Thai women from the poorer classes because they believe these women are desperate and can be suitable partners if kept happy and contented at a price.

In fact the poorer Thai women view the farang as fast track means of gaining financial security, establishing status for themselves and families and a way of obtaining assets.

In many cases, once the farang has filled his purpose then the women considers that she no longer has any obligations to her farang husband and may decide to go her own way, which happens often within these marriages.

This one is so chock full of goodies, I don't know where to begin.

First of all, I live in Albaquerque, and that's the way we spell it.

Secondly, I would like to add "dirty" (although it's said "doity") to the preference for scrawny young ladies.

Throw them in a wheelbarrow, and wheel 'em on down the road (that's from a song).

"Many of the farang men that select a Thai wife in preference over a farang wife do so because they are flawed in character, lack confidence and there are many other reasons why they are not desirable to Western women."

I'm so confused at this point. What with all the mental masturbation going on. Is the above a myth?

Edited by Shotime

1. Thai women don't like Thai men

2. Thai women are not concerned about a man's age

3. Thai women aren't concerned how a guy looks

4. Thai women allow their husband to fool around

5. Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into the industry by their family and are indentured slaves

6. A foreign man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever

7. You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other

8. All Thai women are available for a price

9. Thai women don't have the same employment opportunities as men in Thailand

10. I know my Thai girlfriend / wife loves me because she told me

Not entirely true:

Marks out of 10

1.Probably not true (although they say so often)

2. Reasonably correct,statement.

3. I'm sure they would choose a good looking Guy,before the uglies......human nature prevails.

4. Some may do some don't ,but im sure any of them wouldn't like it,if they had a choice.

5. Perhaps some are, but certainly not all,or indeed the vast majority.

6. Usually,and for the most part,true, but not in every case.

7. For the most part true,but again not in every case.

8, Please anylise the term price,which excludes money.

9. Unless you are PM Elect!

10.Maybe she doe's,Maybe she doesn't,thats for you to decide,if she means it?

Reading the original 10 statements,one is inclined to easily agree with them Verbatum,

upon reflection,my answers agreeable or not are as above.

Drivel :)

Really.

I wish I had the inclination to provide you a list, but it would cost you

money.

Are we talking about ho's or women (Thai, if you will) in general?

Most women only wish their husbands would fool around, so they'd leave them alone. Etc.

LOL, please Louise not another newbie quoting slick man.

My Buddah, actually if that guy would have taken his own advice maybe he would not have spent the most productive years of his working life wasting away as an English teacher wannabe and private detective hack ratting on bar girls. Sad really.

But I do hope he tricks ... I mean finds some buyer for that outdated website so he can finally escape the bar scene which he writes that he so loathes but cannot somehow break free. Maybe it is an addiction like Any Winehouse but then again slick man is far past the 27-years old club.

I was reading some topics about thai girls on another website. livingthai.org. You should read the crap that has been written on there.

For instance - How to get your girlfriend into bed with another girl. Why get to know a girl and manipulate them so much, as to get them into bed with another girl. What a complete head f%cker he is to do that to a person. Then go's out of his way to write about it, so someone else can do it or a visitor to Thailand can have the impression that Thai girls are just pieces of meat, that you can do what you like to them.

No wonder falangs have a bad name in Thailand, if thats the kind of sh_t that is floating around.

Sorry if i wasn't supposed to name the website. Not sure of the rules on that. But just makes me angry at the way some people think they can treat someone, just because they need money.

What are you on about? I looked at that site and can't find any reference to a threesome. I get your post from an anti sex attitude but what does it have to do with the OP? Are you just a Stick flamer? Do you agree with the OP or disagree with him? And what is the reference to poor women being easy to manipulate? Anyone knows it is easier to get a threesome with hi so ladies than farm girls.

5. Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into the industry by their family and are indentured slaves

6. A foreign man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever

7. You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other

10. I know my Thai girlfriend / wife loves me because she told me

Not entirely true:

Marks out of 10

1.Probably not true (although they say so often)

2. Reasonably correct,statement.

3. I'm sure they would choose a good looking Guy,before the uglies......human nature prevails.

4. Some may do some don't ,but im sure any of them wouldn't like it,if they had a choice.

5. Perhaps some are, but certainly not all,or indeed the vast majority.

6. Usually,and for the most part,true, but not in every case.

7. For the most part true,but again not in every case.

8, Please anylise the term price,which excludes money.

9. Unless you are PM Elect!

10.Maybe she doe's,Maybe she doesn't,thats for you to decide,if she means it?

Reading the original 10 statements,one is inclined to easily agree with them Verbatum,

upon reflection,my answers agreeable or not are as above.

You do realise the OP has postulated that the ten statements are not true. Because from your post I don't get that feeling.

My Buddah, actually if that guy would have taken his own advice maybe he would not have spent the most productive years of his working life wasting away as an English teacher wannabe and private detective hack ratting on bar girls. Sad really.

But I do hope he tricks ... I mean finds some buyer for that outdated website so he can finally escape the bar scene which he writes that he so loathes but cannot somehow break free. Maybe it is an addiction like Any Winehouse but then again slick man is far past the 27-years old club.

Stick make classic mistake.

He thought his girl was different!

Stick make classic mistake.

He thought his girl was different!

Anti Stick sure but what does your post have to do with the OP?

Stickman is quite right in his analysis of Thai women. Thai women compare equally to their Western counterparts.

Many of the farang men that select a Thai wife in preference over a farang wife do so because they are flawed in character, lack confidence and there are many other reasons why they are not desirable to Western women.

These farangs usually pursue Thai women from the poorer classes because they believe these women are desperate and can be suitable partners if kept happy and contented at a price.

In fact the poorer Thai women view the farang as fast track means of gaining financial security, establishing status for themselves and families and a way of obtaining assets.

In many cases, once the farang has filled his purpose then the women considers that she no longer has any obligations to her farang husband and may decide to go her own way, which happens often within these marriages.

Completely wrong

Most western men chase Thai women as Thai law not entitle lady to western man assets after few months sleeping together.

Thai women and western women same same, only law and entitlement different.

Fact 90% of western women marry up so that same same too.

Why everyone go on about race and nationality when what matter is unfair western legal system.

1. Thai women don't like Thai men Some do, some don't

2. Thai women are not concerned about a man's age Some are, some aren't

3. Thai women aren't concerned how a guy looks Most white men look exotic to Thai lady

4. Thai women allow their husband to fool around Thai lady have little choice

5. Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into the industry by their family and are indentured slaves I know 1

6. A foreign man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever Sinsot no,Mother and children yes

7. You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other Remove Thai

8. All Thai women are available for a price Remove Thai, replace 'all' with 'many', raise price

9. Thai women don't have the same employment opportunities as men in Thailand One of few country where woman have equality

10. I know my Thai girlfriend / wife loves me because she told me Person can never know have love from other, just hope

Edited by OlafStapleton

Completely wrong

Most western men chase Thai women as Thai law not entitle lady to western man assets after few months sleeping together.

Thai women and western women same same, only law and entitlement different.

Fact 90% of western women marry up so that same same too.

Why everyone go on about race and nationality when what matter is unfair western legal system.

1. Thai women don't like Thai men Some do, some don't

2. Thai women are not concerned about a man's age Some are, some aren't

3. Thai women aren't concerned how a guy looks Most white men look exotic to Thai lady

4. Thai women allow their husband to fool around Thai lady have little choice

5. Thai women working as prostitutes in Thailand are sold into the industry by their family and are indentured slaves I know 1

6. A foreign man marrying a Thai woman has to pay a sin sot (dowry) and support her family forever Sinsot no,Mother and children yes

7. You pay for it with Thai women one way or the other Remove Thai

8. All Thai women are available for a price Remove Thai, replace 'all' with 'many', raise price

9. Thai women don't have the same employment opportunities as men in Thailand One of few country where woman have equality

10. I know my Thai girlfriend / wife loves me because she told me Person can never know have love from other, just hope

Taken as a whole I guess you agree with Stick.

STICKMAN why dont you start a new topic [ THAI WOMENS MISCONCEPTIONS OF SOME EXPATS] i will add one to your list,listening to d-ck heads talk about thai girls as if they are sh-t,one reason i dont drink in farang bars.

My grandfather once told me, after overhearing a man comment on his view of women, their attributes/failing. Women are kind of like a bushel of wheat, outwardly it can appear to carry trash or be clean, but the weight of the same measurement of volume can vary from a low of 52 to a high of 65 lbs/bushel. You still get flour from every bushel.

I am a midl-class thai woman living in northern province

I like them as long as they are taller, smarter, richer than I am

I am very concerned about the age of my spouse, He must not age over 35 and not younger than 25

I am very concerned about their looks. As I mentioned above, I like taller guy he must be 185-190 in height, neither bald or fat

Once I know that he fool around, divorce will happen next day. Using dirty man with another woman is unacceptable

I don't know , I am not prostitute and still virgin because I haven't met the guy who deserves it.

Not only for foreign men but thai men also and thai men accept it as it is tredition.

I am not available for a price, because I accept only long-lease contract ( marriage-certificate )

Yes, We don't have that opportunities in specific career such as millitary or something machinary but now we have female priminiter, who cares?

Not about the topic itself

But are there any ethics involved in one forum copying and publishing - and in this case abridging - material published on another commercial forum?

I looked at the site it was taken from - for someone to copy and modify as OP has done, then attribute it to the original website . . . ethics?

I know this forum gets very upset at times to eg criticism of sponsors, posting material from some Thai news sites is not permitted.

I looked at the site it was taken from - for someone to copy and modify as OP has done, then attribute it to the original website . . . ethics?

"Copy and modify?" What on Earth are you talking about? I read the column that the Stickman wrote, thought it was interesting and a quintessential topic of much discussion on this site, so I shared it. Didn't change a thing. I only summarized his 10 points and told everyone that the author had explained each one, and that they can certainly go see for themselves what he wrote (and provided the link).

If you're going to be a self-proclaimed "ethics police," at least have your ducks in a row.

Stickman lost the plot a lot time ago. Nothing he writes is worth the time to discuss.

Now this one always perplexes me. You and a few others seem to have a real hard-on for Mr. Stickman. Do you know him personally? Has he done something to offend you? Or is it a jealousy thing?

Frankly, I don't know the man. But love him or hate him, you have to admit that he's got some balls, posting his opinions out there for all to see. And frankly, he has more knowledge about all things Thai than 99% of the folks posting here. I know that he's mostly about bars and the like, but certainly, there's a clear distinction when he's discussing what is obviously non-bar topics. Anyways, I think it's helpful that he's posting this kind of stuff out there because the misconception is real. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks reading this thread believe one or more of these myths.

Article is pretty spot on. These are pretty much the things you hear from foreign dudes in Nana and places like that. And these myths are intentionally perpetuated by the bar girls in order to get more money from the dude.

Stickman lost the plot a lot time ago. Nothing he writes is worth the time to discuss.

Yes, its very easy to praise the likes of stickman if he backs up you own arguement.

I would agree he seems to be very knowledgeable about red light areas and prostitutes.