The Birds Are Shitting On My House

guzzi850m2

Hi all,

My house is a larger medium sized one with 2 story living area. This house have a lot of external (don't really know the word here, sorry) square ornaments on the sides and supporting beams. The problem with this is that the birds like to land there and shit on the beams and sometimes under (garden furnitures and so on) which is really annoying.

Our 2 dogs also increase the problem as we mostly feed them with ready bought dog food which the birds really seems to like (easy food source).

Any ideas what I can do to minimize this problem?

Only thing I can think of so far, is to cement a 45 deg. angle on top on the squares so they can't land there anymore.

Just an idea or two:

First don't leave the food out. That's why they come there to eat. Secondly, put aluminum or sheet metal flashing shaped to form a 45 degree angle installed on your beams so the birds can't land. It has have a steep slant with no place to land. Or get bird spikes. Don't know where they have them here but they do work.

Just an idea or two:

First don't leave the food out. That's why they come there to eat. Secondly, put aluminum or sheet metal flashing shaped to form a 45 degree angle installed on your beams so the birds can't land. It has have a steep slant with no place to land. Or get bird spikes. Don't know where they have them here but they do work.

Mrjlh thanks for the ideas but we have to leave the food outside for the dogs as they never enter the house but maybe we will have to find a way to make it more difficult for the birds to get to.

I don't think the sheet metal will look good on the beams but better to use cement in a 45 deg. angle.

I am still thinking/looking for ideas.

I paid 279 baht for a tube of this product http://www.stop-bird.com/en/index.php from stop-bird.com at a Buriram hardware store. But while I was away a repairman used the tube for a silicon application. So as of today I can't tell you if it works but after I pick up a replacement tube I'll make a report on Thai Visa Forum. The label was clear in Thai language script as well as English what the product was inside the tube, however "Sombot" used it for a silicon job.

I paid 279 baht for a tube of this product http://www.stop-bird.com/en/index.php from stop-bird.com at a Buriram hardware store. But while I was away a repairman used the tube for a silicon application. So as of today I can't tell you if it works but after I pick up a replacement tube I'll make a report on Thai Visa Forum. The label was clear in Thai language script as well as English what the product was inside the tube, however "Sombot" used it for a silicon job.

LOL.

On that link you provided, they will even come to your house and do it for you, 3500 bath. Well if it work I am willing to pay that price.

Looking forward to your "real" test but if I can source a tube here in Pattaya, I will give it a go myself. Well just check the link again and according to that, no less than 2 places that sell them very close from me.

Thanks very much for that Bob :jap:

Edited by guzzi850m2

I have had some success with hanging old CD's at various locations around the roof /balcony areas of my house, they swing around/rotate in the wind and the "flash" from that seems to scare the pigeons away, only seems to be the pigeons that are scred though?