How Often Should I Change My Car Battery? And Wipers?

Zen

I've never changed my batter before, but recently I noticed that the car seems to be not starting very well...sometimes I have to try 2 times before it can get started. Its 2 years old and I've only driven it 18,000 km.

How about the windscreen wipers? When it's raining the wipers seem not to be able to give me a clear view. I've also never changed it before.

Seems on water filled batteries 2 years is the norm.

You see many rides with their wipers lifted off the screen when parked cos the heat does the blade shape ''in''.. I bought some silicon blades and they are really good, kept their shape. :)

Seems on water filled batteries 2 years is the norm.

You see many rides with their wipers lifted off the screen when parked cos the heat does the blade shape ''in''.. I bought some silicon blades and they are really good, kept their shape. :)

batteries down to 16-18 months on daily drives, more frequent on less use

better battery, longer lifetime, like Boliden batteries

Wipers, I get new at every 20k km service, cant stand reduced visibility or stripes when raining and cost close to nothing. Lifetime extended if glass waxed, RainX, Meguire or similar

Thank you so much guys. I'll have the battery and wipers changed immediately. :)

From your description of ."sometimes I have to try 2 times before it can get started." - I wouldn't blame the battery straight away. If it can turn the engine over quickly enough then it should have enough power.

Having said that 2 years does seem to be about the norm for a battery. Especially in unsealed batteries where evaporation is uite a lot more significant than one would expect in a more temperate climate.

I notice some people try to save money when buying a battery by getting a lower amperage one (often not realising that is why it is cheaper) - this will lead to problems towards the end of the battery's life - which will also be less than the allotted 2 years.....check your manufacturer's specs.