Music In Hua Hin Bars

roly

Was just wondering what's considered the best place to listen to live music - I already know about the hairy bloke rock bands in El Murphies and Jimmy Bar etc, but is there anywhere else further afield that anybody can recommend? I used to live in Hong Kong for a while and there were some simply stunning Filipino rock cover bands. I've not seen anything quite so good here (though there are admittedly some good bands here) but any ideas would be welcome. And what about Cha-am? not really familiar with the live music scene there (just the bars!). Hopefully the jazz festival this year will be pretty good - missed it last year as I'd just arrived in town and had some girlfriend issues.... ;-)

On a related topic, there seem to be a few bars in town where you can choose the bar music e.g. on YouTube. Red Bar lets you but the female DJ is rather grumpy and if she doesn't like the music she just changes halfway through - I thought the music is for the customers and not the staff. TNT bar seems to have a new music setup (YouTube again)...otherwise I can't stand the dance music most bars in town pump out way too high a volume (I must be getting old!).

Why do bars in HH playing 'live music' have to have it played with just drum and bass guitar?? It's the same-old,same-old at each venue, nothing melodic, just 'live noise'!

Plus most of these bars are empty because of this..T.I.T.eh? (when I say melodic..I do NOT mean some Thai female trying to sing an 'I will survive' cover..arrgghh!!!...

...like at Poolsuk Plaza). In my mind the best guy I've heard singing 'live' works in one of HH's 'property shops'..I'm not naming names, but he's well worth a listen.

Hua Hin Country club

Live music, mostly rockbands, from 10pm, like 1000 baht for a large bottle of red label, I love the place :P .

Be aware this is a Thai place, so be polite to the ladies. A farang friend of a friend went there, friendly smacked a ladies ass, and was thrown to the floor with 2 guns pointing at his head. Plenty of Army guys go there

Hua-Hin Bar Band YouTube Clip I assumed the name of this Bar was The Hogs Breath, due to them selling T-Shirts with that name on them behind the bar however this might not be the case, anyway just follow the sound of the band around the bar area, its all very entertaining.

Edited by spacedcowboy

Hello.

I went to a bar the other day in the centre of town, think it was Jimmy bar as mentioned below, and the music was not too bad but it was too loud for me. Somebody told me that London bar has music but I didn't see anyone playing there though.