Gas Problem

BlackSwan

I'm putting in a new kitchen and contract includes "delivery and installation". No surprises the company now says there is additional cost to connect the gas hob to an external gas bottle. They have quoted an additional 17,000 baht.

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience in this area (no not just getting ripped off for a job already paid for...) Specifically if it is normal practice to include gas supply and connection for kitchens in Phuket.

When I had my kitchen fitted they wouldn't connect the gas to the hob as not in their remit. So I drilled a few holes from outside bottle through cupboards to hob and connected it myself with a bit of pipe bought in Homework for next to nothing.

Also when they mounted one of the above counter cupboards they managed to put a screw through a water pipe in the wall. Told us that it is not their problem and that they wouldn't fix it (repaired it myself).

Tell them to go jump, 17,000 baht my a$$, if you don't feel comfortable to do it yourself then get a local plumber guy to do it for about 500 baht.

I v done it myself quiet a few times

I use 1 1/2 inch pvc pipes with gas rubber hose inside, from ground floor up to kitchen. Quality orange armed hose less than 1000 baht for 5 meters, pvc couple of hundreds, regulator on gas bottle couple of hundreds. 2 x 15 Kg bottles like 1500 baht

Check the manufactor date on hose, as it needs to be replaced within 10 years

Good gas shop on Cha Fa east, north of Land & House entrance