Free To Air Thai Tv - Satellite

PETERTHEEATER

I’m looking to install a Thai TV Free to Air satellite system in my new house in Hua Hin.

JSAT in Bangkok offer a good package at (http://www.jsat.tv/deal.htm) but, before I go to them, is there a local supplier who can provide the same?

Shop location please.

Alternatively, any recommendations for a similar system sourced locally?

Thanks

Peter let me know how you get on with this project as I would like to invest in the same during December. Sorry I don't know HH or Petchburi well enough at the moment to help.

Regards

John

There is a number of shops in the area that will provide and install the equipment for FTA channels but I don't know how effective they are at providing instruction and, in particular, updating the firmware (?) in the set-top box when there are changes which seem to be frequent. The BKK supplier JSAT offers good support in this respect. I will let you know how I get on after shopping around.

I fell sure other posters have a FTA Thai system but maybe everyone is on UBC>

regards

...I 've installed a dish with Psisat and I'm very happy...but please note that i do that 'cause I like look european television (Spain, Italy, French, Bbc) and live football, mostly Spanish and Italian (cannot see Premierleague anymore)...I recommend them if you like watch what I describe....naturally are also included many many others free channel (almost 300)..price 17000B all included.

...I 've installed a dish with Psisat and I'm very happy...but please note that i do that 'cause I like look european television (Spain, Italy, French, Bbc) and live football, mostly Spanish and Italian (cannot see Premierleague anymore)...I recommend them if you like watch what I describe....naturally are also included many many others free channel (almost 300)..price 17000B all included.

Thanks Braccobaldo, from where did you buy your equipment?

• 2 weeks later...
Peter let me know how you get on with this project as I would like to invest in the same during December. Sorry I don't know HH or Petchburi well enough at the moment to help.

Regards

John

There is a number of shops in the area that will provide and install the equipment for FTA channels but I don't know how effective they are at providing instruction and, in particular, updating the firmware (?) in the set-top box when there are changes which seem to be frequent. The BKK supplier JSAT offers good support in this respect. I will let you know how I get on after shopping around.

I fell sure other posters have a FTA Thai system but maybe everyone is on UBC>

regards

I tried a well known local supplier who got off on the wrong foot by not giving me his undivided attention. I told him that I wanted a fixed dish setup for Free to Air Thai TV only and he went into the 'used car salesman' type sales patter about the equipment required. I then told him that I wanted to feed the signal to more than one Tv and he added two auto switches then announced the price as 29,000. I told him that I wanted a FIXED dish, not a MOVE and he said that this was for a fixed dish. I told him that a BKK supplier was quoting 10,500 for the same set up and he smiled and said that other suppliers did not provide everthing in one package. After haggling, he came down to 21,000 which I rejected but did run after me (too late) to knock off another 1000 as 'last price'. I have not had the opportunity to look at other shops in the area since I have been too busy with other priorities.

I am in BKK today so will ask J-Sat for a visit and quote. More to come.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes do let us know how you get on Peter. I will be in HH for 2 months soon and it is one of my tasks!

Hello j,

I've been off-line for a few weeks during the move to my new house in HH and trying to setup a home. Done this many times before in my life but it doesn't get any easier!

JSAT in BKK ignored all my telephone messages so I gave up with them. We were in PURE ELECTRIC - adjacent to INDEX LIVING MALL, HH - buying a TV set and I asked if they could do satellite installations. Answer was yes. Ordered a FTA link with all Thai channels and the team pitched up next day and did the job in a couple of hours. One metre dish fixed to the eaves beamed onto THAISAT; signal fed to set top box in living room but connected also to 4 bedrooms. Total cost 14,900. The installers even cleaned up after themselves. Now there's a novelty. More expensive than the JSAT promise but much cheaper than BIG KIANG rip-off merchants. Installer says upgrade to pay channels is straightforward. The set-top box has a smart card installed to enable decode of the appropriate channels. The wife likes the digital quality and she can watch her soaps.

Once I get the house and garden sorted I may install some English channels.