Kids Guitar...Where To Buy

Dag

Looking for 2 guitars...one for a 13yo and one for a 9yo, beginners and not too expensive for them to first learn, try and see if they like it etc before buying a quality one down the track.

Shall try Bangna if no other options come in thanks.

Emporium no doubt will be priced accordingly......same same Paragon basically with a discount.

It all depends what you are looking for. For those 1st guitars I have seen some very playable 1/2 and 3/4 sized models at VERY reasonable prices in JJ Mall. You could also try down Thanon Alsadang/Bunsiri. I have purchased some "play" guitars down there and they hold up well in gigging environments. As a guitarist of 25 years I find it better than taking my prized possessions out and about in this kind of heat/humidity. You can find VERY playable solid bodied (electric) guitars on Bunsiri for B5,000. Smaller sized acoustics at JJ Mall are priced around B3,000. If you don't know much about guitars then try to get a guitarist friend to go with you. The important thing is that the tuning pegs hold the tuning relatively well (tune then do a couple of exaggerated pitch bends to see how well they hold) and that "fretting" the 12th fret is not impossible due to unrealistic action.

Hope this helps and I hope your little ones enjoy as many years of fun playing as I have.

Thanks for that....last time in town we saw a mid sized guitar at the music shop....hundreds of guitars...at Esplanade in Ratchada.....it was only 890b and looked fine.

No toys, but wanting something not expensive for their first....as with all kids, they could be uninterested in it in 6 months.

Get decent ones first up, you dont have to spend a fortune but some of the cheap ones are hard to play and kids give up very quickly on them. Music Collection in Ratchada/Siam Paragon/Siam Discovery is a good place to start. Also Music Connection in Central World has (or had) some kids size Asian made Fenders.

Can someone tell me about the strings for a kids first guitar.

A shop told the missus best to be the nylon one...think he said nylon...anyway they were not wire......for kids to learn with.

Wondering if that is true or not, wire strings sounded better for sure.

Ok, so I have these places...

Central Bangna

Emporium

JJ Mall

Thanon Alsadang

Seacon Square.

Know all these places except Alsadang ??

We are staying in Sukhumvit area, so Bangna and Seacon are some distance to travel if not much there as time is very limited for us.

JJ is fine as going to the market sat morning anyway, same for Emporium if need be as close by, but feel to expensive as usual.

So anyone know where Alsadang is exactly and in the above list....which stands out as best place for most choice and best price......thinking JJ might be the one...or Seacon.

Music Concept Co.., Ltd..

4/1-2 Central World, 3rd Floor, Room # B333, Rajadamri Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, ten thousand three hundred and thirty.

Tel. 02-255-6448 / 9th.

Fax. 02-255-6244.

E-mail:. [email protected].

Open Daily 11:00 - 20:00 PM.

Call this lot

OR

http://www.theeramusic.com/

Theera are in China town - lots of choice in this area!

Ok...got a nice little kids mid sized geetar, sounded fine to me....got the guys there to play it and fine for the boy to practice, learn and see if he likes it to continue.

So now anyone know where you can download some free easy to understand lessons for kids ??

He wants to start while on school hols for a few more weeks.