The Cheap Implant In Pattaya.

gunterkranz

This is not a recommendation (I have no idea at all how good/bad they are) but Pattaya City Dental Center, in Central Festival, has a flyer advertising implants for 48,000B, including the crown. Not sure whether all the other bits (xrays etc.) are included.

I have seen prices advertised around town from around 40K to 60K. Again, they rarely make it clear whether everything is included.

Also I dont know whether these places are doing the "proper" implant that takes 3 - 6 months and requires several visits, or the cheaper "instant" implant that has a much higher failure rate. Given the large number of short-term visitors around, I suspect many clinics may be doing the latter.

One other thing to watch out for: does the clinic care about whether you smoke or not? Many reputable dentists in Europe (including mine) wont do implants for smokers at all, due to the higher failure rate. Mine wouldnt do "instant" implants either.

As in all things in life, you get what you pay for.

I dont agree.

Price can certainly be a good indication, but I've seen excellent quality goods and services being sold for well under the price of much shoddier similar items.

In Pattaya especially, there is a hell of a lot of overpriced crap masquerading as quality product, and that applies to everything from food to clothes, and from streetwalkers to condos. There is good and bad value in all sectors, and price does not always reflect quality.

Whether tits or teeth, one would be foolish to go for the cheapest.

Bangkok Pattaya hospital does implants around 45,000 Baht depending on cup size. A full sex change is around 120,000, so I'm told.

A full sex change is around 120,000, so I'm told.

thats me mates bachelor party sorted then!

There aren't that many 'Implantologists' in Pattaya, so the chances are that you might get a roving practitioner. One that may visit the clinic only on certain days. Not an ideal situation.

I suggest that it is preferable to have Implantologist/Oral surgeon who is permanently on-site.

To that end I recommend Paweenwan Suwangatte @ the Dental department of Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. Close to the Robinson Shopping centre in Sri Racha.

In addition, the cost is likely to be favourable compared to Pattaya.

Whilst you are there, pop into ANEGO(Sri Racha) for Japanese cuisine. The best Nigiri sushi in Thailand, thus far. The cuts put the generics to shame.

There aren't that many 'Implantologists' in Pattaya, so the chances are that you might get a roving practitioner. One that may visit the clinic only on certain days. Not an ideal situation.

I suggest that it is preferable to have Implantologist/Oral surgeon who is permanently on-site.

To that end I recommend Paweenwan Suwangatte @ the Dental department of Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. Close to the Robinson Shopping centre in Sri Racha.

In addition, the cost is likely to be favourable compared to Pattaya.

Whilst you are there, pop into ANEGO(Sri Racha) for Japanese cuisine. The best Nigiri sushi in Thailand, thus far. The cuts put the generics to shame.

Fully agree. This is the place that told me I could have anything except pain. Brilliant dentists

Bangkok Pattaya hospital does implants around 45,000 Baht depending on cup size. A full sex change is around 120,000, so I'm told.

45,000 per side. I never figured out why anyone would want only one side at a time done.

The cost is normally quoted for one implant and one crown.

Sometimes they can mount three crowns on two implants, rather like a bridge, but my dentist in Europe didnt like to do that unless there were problems with the bone structure that made more implants impossible.